What's new

Sukin for Men facial moisturiser.

Afternoon all,
This could be an interesting product for fellow B+B members who, like myself, have sensitive skin and/or noses. Although it’s a moisturiser, rather than an after shave, I’ve not found other Sukin products to be too greasy so this should be ok. The scent is a quite subtle citrus, cinnamon and pepper combination which didn’t twitch my nose too much.

MEN'S FACIAL MOISTURISER

Looks like a good selection of their range is readily available in Godzone too. Might need to investigate further...

Though annoyingly, not the Men's range.

Some of the 'sensitive skin' products look as if they could be unisex so should be fine :001_rolle. Slightly different ingredient list, but all looks good to me.

I did notice that it’s available on Pharmacy Direct.

There’s a few British pharmacy products that annoyingly we can’t get in Oz but can get in NZ.

I pulled the trigger on that Sukin Facial Moisturiser from Pharmacy Direct. Also ordered some Thursday Plantation aloe vera and witch hazel toner as a potential replacement for my soon to run out Thayers. I'll report back when I've tried both.

I pulled the trigger on that Sukin Facial Moisturiser from Pharmacy Direct. Also ordered some Thursday Plantation aloe vera and witch hazel toner as a potential replacement for my soon to run out Thayers. I'll report back when I've tried both.
I hadn’t noticed the Thursday Plantation Witch Hazel before. It’ll be a while before I run out of Thayers though.

Pharmacy Direct is a godsend for my wife. She’s allergic to mosquito bites, instead a little bite she ends up with a big painful lump. There’s an antihistamine cream called Anthisan which greatly reduces the size of the lump if she puts it on soon after being bitten but you can’t buy it in Oz so we have to get it from NZ.

That's funny - you're based in Oz and are buying from NZ. I'm in NZ buying Aussie products!

Something not right there :001_302:.

I tried the moisturiser this morning and whilst it felt a little too heavy to begin with my face does feel like it will stay moisturised for the day.

The scent is also quite nice but doesn’t hang around, there isn’t an unpleasant smell left in it’s wake which is a relief. I’ve recently tried Captain’s Choice Unscented Balm which, although it was excellent, left my face smelling like vegetable oil.

Sounds like it will work for me - I'm not unhappy if the mild scent of a moisturiser/ASB disappears quickly as I generally use an EDT as well, though not on my face.

I tried the moisturiser this morning and whilst it felt a little too heavy to begin with my face does feel like it will stay moisturised for the day.

The scent is also quite nice but doesn’t hang around, there isn’t an unpleasant smell left in it’s wake which is a relief. I’ve recently tried Captain’s Choice Unscented Balm which, although it was excellent, left my face smelling like vegetable oil.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Does it leave a greasy film or, is it more of a dryer touch? Last thing I need is something that leaves a greasy film over the summer. How does it compare to say - Bulldog, which also appears deceptively heavy, but it absorbs immediately and leaves a drier touch on your face.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Does it leave a greasy film or, is it more of a dryer touch? Last thing I need is something that leaves a greasy film over the summer. How does it compare to say - Bulldog, which also appears deceptively heavy, but it absorbs immediately and leaves a drier touch on your face.
I’d say a little greasy but that was a good thing for me yesterday as I spent a few hours in the garden and my face still felt good last night.

I haven’t used Bulldog so I can’t compare them directly. Glycerin is higher on Bulldog’s ingredient list so I would guess that it’s drier than the Sukin.

My order from Pharmacy Direct arrived earlier today and I tried the Sukin Men's Facial Moisturiser in lieu of an ASB.

First impressions:

Scent - really nice, reminded me of Sudsy Soapery Citrus & Bay shaving soap, just a little more floral and more subtle than the SS.
Consistency - slightly heavier than most of my regular ASBs (Proraso, La Toja, Lea, Saponificio Varesino), but lighter than most moisturisers I use, so a 'middle of the road' consistency that is easy to apply.
Moisturising - very good. Feels a little greasy to begin with but is absorbed quite quickly, within 10-15 minutes. Several hours later, it is still feels like it's doing it's job, so is lasting pretty well. One important point to note is that once it has been absorbed, there is no greasiness or shine evident, unlike some of the artisan moisturisers I have used that make me look like I've coated my face in gloss varnish!
Coverage - I used about the same as I would with an ASB, which turns out is way too much. Seems a little goes a long way with this (and overdoing the quantity might explain the slight greasy feel when first applied).
Price - no complaints on this score. Cheaper than my regular moisturisers and ASBs, ie paid less for 225ml of this than I would pay for about 100ml of most other products.

Overall, this moisturiser seems to work well for me. Very promising so far. Will try it again tomorrow, using a smaller quantity to see whether the perceived greasiness persists. All going well, this could be a frequent substitute for ASB when the mood takes me, or just when I feel I need to deal with dry skin, infrequent razor burn, etc.

Gordon - thanks for the tip on this.
Rob - this is not specifically for sensitive skin and claims to be good for all skin types. Certainly nothing so far to suggest it will give me any grief.

Thanks @elgrumpo :thumbsup:

Being a new product, there's hardly any reviews around at this current stage. So its nice get some feedback from the minor few who have tried it.

They do state this product is for "all skin types", but I do find it difficult to believe that a moisturiser which works well for very dry skin will also work well of oily or combination skin. This might be one of those products I would probably have to buy to see if its suitable for my own face.

Moisturising - very good. Feels a little greasy to begin with but is absorbed quite quickly, within 10-15 minutes. One important point to note is that once it has been absorbed, there is no greasiness or shine evident, unlike some of the artisan moisturisers I have used that make me look like I've coated my face in gloss varnish!

Will try it again tomorrow, using a smaller quantity to see whether the perceived greasiness persists.

That sounds promising. Looking forward to reading about how you go in the coming days. Thanks for sharing :thumbup:

My order from Pharmacy Direct arrived earlier today and I tried the Sukin Men's Facial Moisturiser in lieu of an ASB.

First impressions:

Scent - really nice, reminded me of Sudsy Soapery Citrus & Bay shaving soap, just a little more floral and more subtle than the SS.
Consistency - slightly heavier than most of my regular ASBs (Proraso, La Toja, Lea, Saponificio Varesino), but lighter than most moisturisers I use, so a 'middle of the road' consistency that is easy to apply.
Moisturising - very good. Feels a little greasy to begin with but is absorbed quite quickly, within 10-15 minutes. Several hours later, it is still feels like it's doing it's job, so is lasting pretty well. One important point to note is that once it has been absorbed, there is no greasiness or shine evident, unlike some of the artisan moisturisers I have used that make me look like I've coated my face in gloss varnish!
Coverage - I used about the same as I would with an ASB, which turns out is way too much. Seems a little goes a long way with this (and overdoing the quantity might explain the slight greasy feel when first applied).
Price - no complaints on this score. Cheaper than my regular moisturisers and ASBs, ie paid less for 225ml of this than I would pay for about 100ml of most other products.

Overall, this moisturiser seems to work well for me. Very promising so far. Will try it again tomorrow, using a smaller quantity to see whether the perceived greasiness persists. All going well, this could be a frequent substitute for ASB when the mood takes me, or just when I feel I need to deal with dry skin, infrequent razor burn, etc.

Gordon - thanks for the tip on this.
Rob - this is not specifically for sensitive skin and claims to be good for all skin types. Certainly nothing so far to suggest it will give me any grief.
Excellent review Alex and I agree that a little goes a long way, I definitely put too much on the first time that I used it.

Thanks @elgrumpo :thumbsup:

Being a new product, there's hardly any reviews around at this current stage. So its nice get some feedback from the minor few who have tried it.

They do state this product is for "all skin types", but I do find it difficult to believe that a moisturiser which works well for very dry skin will also work well of oily or combination skin. This might be one of those products I would probably have to buy to see if its suitable for my own face.

That sounds promising. Looking forward to reading about how you go in the coming days. Thanks for sharing :thumbup:
It’s readily available in Chemist Warehouse and I assume most other chemists. You should be able to find a tester.

You know if someone told me 30 years ago I would be a part of a group with a bunch of guys chatting about face moisturiser for men and how good it is ... on my 51 birthday in Aussie ..
I would have said they were NUTS !!!!!!
[emoji1417][emoji1618]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know if someone told me 30 years ago I would be a part of a group with a bunch of guys chatting about face moisturiser for men and how good it is ... on my 51 birthday in Aussie ..
I would have said they were NUTS !!!!!!
[emoji1417][emoji1618]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:a14:

The internet is an evil place that grown men should stay away from.

Last edited:
Top Bottom