What's new

Suit Hanger

So I've been spending too much time reading through the askandy forums. Ok, I bought another suit and I ran out of suit hangers, so I had to go look for one. And of course, being not quite happy with my $10 Mens Wearhouse ones, I thought there is a better option. Lo and behold, askandy has provided the very expensive solution.

https://www.hangerproject.com/

Suit hangers that are sized. Amazing concept.

Anyway, clearly my story doesn't end there. Being the very poor grad student that I am, I figured there must be a cheaper solution to this problem. And again, askandy had the solution. Apparently the Jos A. Bank hangers are pretty much identical to those. So I went down there today to check them out.

:crying: And they didn't fit my suit size! One size fits all = too big for me. Story of my life. :sad: Only time its ever benefited me in recent memory is when I go to Last Chance and see all the shoes no one else fits into.... :whistling:

Anyway, so apparently the Mens Wearhouse hangers fit my suits' width quite well. However, the thickness of the shoulder supports is not very substantial. So heres the question. At $10, is there a realized benefit to the $25 hanger being sold at the hanger project? Is the contour and extra wide shoulder support really that important? Am I slowly killing my suits by sticking them on the cheap Mens Wearhouse hangers?

Thanks guys. I'm trusting that the collective knowledge of so many smart wetshavers will have the answer. As usual. :001_tt2:

Wow! It looked like a wonderful idea until I saw the price. To be honest, I haven't checked my suits on their hangers to see how they might be/have affected the shape. That being said, I just discovered that the very best hanger I have to hold the trousers on the bar and fit the shoulders is the hanger I got from J.A. Banks when I got my last suit there. I have been planning on going back to see if I could get another one or two. Not anything they sell, but the kind they give when you get your suit.

Its actually only $25 a hanger. Its a three pack. I was taken aback by the price too until I realized the title says "three pack." Shipping is a pain though. That said, I really like that shoe horn they've got for sale.

UNLESS I'm reading it wrong...

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Well, never having been to the Men's Warehouse, and never having ordered any hangerproject items, I am rather like Percy in Blackadder I (the spanish marriage episode) where he tells Blackadder that the Spanish Infanta's eyes are said to be even more radiantly blue than the famous Blue Stone of Galviston (Percy's admission that he has seen neither the Infanta's eyes nor the Blue Stone of Galviston, leads Blackadder to sum it up this way "So, basically, you are telling me that something you have never seen is slightly less blue than something else you have never seen.") :001_unsur

anyhoo ... I suspect MW hangers are thin, cheap garbage. I suspect HP hangers to be solid and wide. In any event, you want to hang your suits on hangers with nice wide hangers (wide at the ends; the middle is less important) so that the padding/shoulders are not stretched into deformity.

Top Bottom