What's new

suit aesthetics: what do you like?

+1

I wish 3-pc suits were still in style, too. :sad:

I'll agree with that. My vintage double breasted with vests are my favorites. I'm quite thin for my height (145 lbs at 6'3") so it adds some heft to my midsection to match my shoulders. I do like my coats to have a very defined taper to the torso as well to pair up with my natural shape though. It gives more girth without looking balloon-like

3 button in solid colours, not so much for the pinstripes at all. Solid dark colours to be precise black blue greyish.

but I prefer a two button, no vent, pleated and cuffed style.

Although I have a few three-button (for a while, it seemed that was all you could buy), they just don't look right to me. I remember a couple of years ago (right in the middle of the 3-button craze), GQ ran a feature about the ten best-dressed men in the world. In each and every picture, the guy wore a two-button jacket. That tells me something.

Last edited:
Being 5'9", I prefer a slim cut 2 button jackets with side or center vents with flat front pants. When I was younger, I preferred 3 button suits at one time until I realized that 2 buttons jackets look much better on me, makes me look a little taller. Color preferences are: navy, brown, light and dark grey with a small pattern.

Last edited:
Top Bottom