What's new

Suggestions

Guys:

I have been wet shaving for a while now. I have tried a few different soaps and creams. My favorite thus far is C.O. Bigelow. I love the lather and performance. I am looking to get another cream. Those that like C.O. Bigelow, what would you recommend for me to try. I am looking for a non menthol cream, but something that performs as well. Thanks for any suggestions.

Oh cdThomas, you are about to receive more than you bargained for my friend!

T&H 1805
TOBS Sandalwood
Also, I know you specified that you were looking for a cream but have you tried Cella or any of the Razorock soft soaps? To me, they are so soft that they almost lather like creams.

I will stop there because I predict a wave of answers to follow!

nrv216

nrv216 is right, you are about to get bombed with answers.

If you want to stick with a large brand product, I would suggest either Proraso Red sandalwood and shea. No menthol and performs as well if not better than the old formulation of CO Bigelow. The other would be Castle Forbes. I prefer the lime.

If you want to try an artisan cream, look no further than www.queencharlottesoaps.com The creams are hard creams, often referred to as "croaps" and perform as well as the aforementioned in my opinion.

Wow! That was quick. I step out for an hour or so to swim and come back to some good answers. I appreciate the feedback so far. I just had to buy another hundred Astra blades, and I got the "fever" again. I just want a little variety to the daily shave.

BTW, I do have some Real Shave Company cream, and it irritates me for some reason. I have tried it with other blade combinations, etc, but no luck unfortunately.

Thanks,

Craig T.

Last edited:
A couple questions about TOBS. The dish or the tube? Which has more? The site I am looking at has one in mL (volume) and the other in grams (weight). Is it the exact some stuff just presented differently?

Also, what is the best place to buy it? I see WCS has it; just looking for suggestions if I go that route.

Where can I get T&H?

Thanks.

Last edited:
TOBS tubs have more in them. WCS, Italianbarber.com, bullgooseshaving.com all have TOBS.

T&H you can get directly from their website: truefittandhill.com. A tub of 1805 is 30 bucks but it is well worth the experience IMHO.

nrv216

A couple questions about TOBS. The dish or the tube? Which has more? The site I am looking at has one in mL (volume) and the other in grams (weight). Is it the exact some stuff just presented differently?

Also, what is the best place to buy it? I see WCS has it; just looking for suggestions if I go that route.

Where can I get T&H?
Both are available thru Amazon- just gotta be patient and watch as now Amazon seems to change prices hourly.

Thank
Both are available thru Amazon- just gotta be patient and watch as now Amazon seems to change prices hourly.

Top Bottom