What's new

Suggestions: Interest in of the month themes?

I'm interested. I think it's a good idea to do monthly installments, it keep threads form getting to 50+ pages, and encourages involvement.

Lol a 51 month would mean 11 months without... but acqusitions could be tough for everyone to keep up with.. and those with knowledge don't always have time to write stuff up so we could have a pen of the month and experienced members couls focus discussion on a particular pen.. while we explore certain inks and other things as well

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Sounds good. Perhaps uses of pens? Journal writing, letter writing, card writing (December), note writing (thank you, sympathy, congratulations, well done) and associated stationery a gentleman needs to have on hand, agendas and time keeping techniques, note keeping 3 x 5 cards, letters written to your kids to open on 21st birthday, writing on your travels, train, plane, automobiles, (boat?), postcards, letters to MPs and other politicians (yes I've written to Dalton and had form letter responses), letters and notes that we have received that inspire.

I have enough to fake it for a while Celestino then ill hope to the almighty 51 members chip in

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Famous US pen makers, the big four -- Parker, Sheaffer, Wahl-Eversharp, Waterman, one a month. Big three Japan -- Pilot, Platinum, and Sailor. Second tier vintage -- Esterbrook, Wearever

Around here it's more like Lamy, Edison, TWSBI

I was thinking along those lines exactly John .. just a discussion theme for a month we could do ink brands as you mentioned or another month ink colours,... really the skies the limit ill put something together for the beginning of march

The next question is should wr do one pen theme/ink theme/ and other per thread or just stick to on theme to keep focus on that item for members to look in on

If they are successful after a few months maybr ill keep track of them in a wiki for future comers to look at

So would this be a special thread for each month like for instance: March -- Ebonite pens (in honor of the rubber basketball, get it?)

Lol exactly like that by keeping on topic for month we have some great knowledge to share lots of time for thosr unfamiliar to ask questions and in the end if anyone wants a good read on a specific subject then we have somewhere to show them... although someone asking a question on their own will always get a reaponse from us as well

Keep It Simple Silly. Don't over complicate things James ;) Also, with the boom of activity, the broader the better IMO. At the same time you get people posting some rare and harder to find items that fit the niche of the month enabling others!

Around here it's more like Lamy, Edison, TWSBI

While that's true, there's a lot to be said for the small, modern US manufacturers, such as Franklin-Christoph, Bexley, Gate City (made by Bexley), and Edison. I'm sure there are others I don't know about. Discussion of those manufacturers would make a good theme for one month.

-Andy

Last edited:
Sounds good. Perhaps uses of pens? Journal writing, letter writing, card writing (December), note writing (thank you, sympathy, congratulations, well done) and associated stationery a gentleman needs to have on hand, agendas and time keeping techniques, note keeping 3 x 5 cards, letters written to your kids to open on 21st birthday, writing on your travels, train, plane, automobiles, (boat?), postcards, letters to MPs and other politicians (yes I've written to Dalton and had form letter responses), letters and notes that we have received that inspire.

+1 uses of Fp great suggestion......

How about a "this Pen"/"this Ink"/"this Paper" for a month. Members could comment on any or all of the three, and It could go for years. I would really enjoy a thread like what Andy suggested above. I don't think it could go for years, but would be great information to have.

Top Bottom