What's new

Suggestions for iPhone timer app?

Have been using a couple of cheap digital timers for brewing my coffee, but they are getting on, and I want to have it all done in one timer, preferably as an iPhone app, not a stand alone timer.

Looking for something that lets me program in alarms to mark certain points during the countdown, without stopping the countdown or having to otherwise interact with it. Just press go, and let it do its thing.

Any suggestions?

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I’m not sure if you want to do this or if this is what is annoying you.

As you might know, we are in Bali at the moment so I don’t have access to a lot of conveniences. I’m using a French press, not doing pour overs. At home, I have a great digital instant thermometer……not here. So:

1. Let the kettle boil…… let it cool for two minutes using the iPhone timer.

2. Add the water to the fresh grounds in the French press, guessing that is close to the right temperature. I don’t have a scale with me. I grind two grinders full of beans…….again a guess as to the amount.

3. Stir until I think everything looks right. Set timer for 4 minutes. Let set until the timer zeros out.

4. Push the top grounds down until they are all submerged. Scoop off the foam. Put on the top.

5. Using the iPhone timer, let it set for 5 minutes, depress the plunger gently, pour and enjoy.

No, you are right, I could just use the iOS timer and do it manually. But I am lazy, and also have to try to justify this fancy tech expensive modern phone as much as I can. :blush:

You and I make coffee almost the same way. :cool:

Top Bottom