What's new

Suggestions for FP office parting gifts

All,

Looking for suggestions, under $30, for FP gifts for my team leads as they leave for greener pastures. My pens have been a topic of discussion in the office for some time now and I was thinking it would be nice to get a stack of FPs to give out to these folks as a proper send off.

Thoughts? Was thinking a FP and bottle of ink but am open to suggestions!

All, Looking for suggestions, under $30, for FP gifts for my team leads as they leave for greener pastures. My pens have been a topic of discussion in the office for some time now and I was thinking it would be nice to get a stack of FPs to give out to these folks as a proper send off. Thoughts? Was thinking a FP and bottle of ink but am open to suggestions!
Pilot Metropolitan--smooth writer that comes with squeeze cartridge converter. $15 http://www.isellpens.com/Pilot_Metropolitan_Collection_p/p_91107.htm 30 mL Diamine ink. $6 http://www.isellpens.com/Diamine_Ink_Blue_Black_p/dia-3001.htm

I have been using a Lamy Vista for a while and I like it and it gets a fair amount of comments. If you don't mind the grip (it never bothered me), I think they are a great pen. The other cool part of the vista is you can see all the insides and the ink color its loaded with; again, I think it garners additional comments from non-fp users.

+1 to the Metro and a $10-ish dollar bottle of ink. The pen is accessible and easy to use while also classy looking.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I got a co-worker a gold Metropolitan and a couple bottles of Waterman ink. Very happy camper.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Is there a pen of yours that everyone commented about, and that you are "notorious" for? If everyone remembers you because of a bright yellow Safari, why not get each of them one of those, for example?

Either that, or a Metropolitan.

Is there a pen of yours that everyone commented about, and that you are "notorious" for? If everyone remembers you because of a bright yellow Safari, why not get each of them one of those, for example?

Either that, or a Metropolitan.

I should probably go metro...don't want to buy them all Pilot VPs or Pelikan Puras! :)

Appreciate the advice all!

The metro is a solid choice. Add in a bottle of cheaper ink like Private reserve, maybe in a bright or non traditional color, a Con-50 converter for ease of use and they will be impressed i'd imagine.

I would actually go the cartridge route with them. At least to ease them. Did it with my sous chef and my girlfriend. Girlfriend now has a piston fill TWSBI Mini and sous chef likes his cartriges.

Under thirty you could do a Metro and quite possibly a bottle of ink each, or pen and Notepad, or journal I bet

Top Bottom