What's new

Suggestions for first safety razor for a woman?

Feather Popular is actually pretty good. It's pretty cheap, but very functional, with a long handle. And it's also Twist To Open, which makes loading blades faster and easier.

It is a shame that the Circlette doesn't seem to be widely available. Haven't been able to find a single one currently for sale after a brief search. Piqued my interest though, that's for sure.

I bought the Edwin Jagger long handled version of the DE89 with the pearl blue handle (Model DELBE14bl) for my wife which she loves. Not too expensive, longer handle and relatively mild.

Actually, I would agree with Slapo. In my opinion, there are several ways in which women can care for hair. I speak from myself as the girlfriend tried different ways of hair removal and that's what we went through.
1) Laser epilation is an extremely expensive way but you will not have to shave at all after. (we still have not done it, because it's very expensive, but she want to) About what it is - Laser hair removal - Wikipedia

2) Sugaring - the way that my girlfriend uses now, the result is extremely soft and clear skin, both on legs and in intimate places, the complete absence of hair. Of the minuses, perhaps, only unpleasant sensations within the procedure. About - Sugaring (epilation) - Wikipedia

3) Epilators. Whereas half a year ago she used epilators, in principle, extremely convenient devices, there is almost no pain, the skin is also smooth, although not as much as with sugaring, hair grows much faster. Of the pluses - the result is pretty good (although honestly, I will personally say to me on the sensation at the touch much more like it when she does sugaring, the skin is really like silk), a huge amount of manufacturers so there is no difficulty in selecting a suitable model. The competition in the market is really incredible. Leaders are now considered to be - Panasonic, Braun, Philips, and some other Korean brands, I do not remember the name. In general, because of this number of manufacturers prices are very different and there are many good but cheap models (One day I gift her an epilator, so I know what I'm talking about) For example - here isa comparative characteristics of epilators from 5 different manufacturers 5 Best Epilators Reviews of 2017 in the UK - BestAdvisers.co.uk

4) Shavers. As for razors, I have something to say too, she started with them. There are pluses - they are cheaper than all of the above, since shugaring has to be paid every month (that's an expense item in the bills considering that there is still a manicure, a pedicure, a hairdresser, etc. :angry:), and although epilators are bought once but they are much more expensive. In occasion of result - hair, all the same, is felt, especially after couple of days. Honestly, no matter how good a razor, it still does not remove the hair from the root and they will grow very quickly. If to chose a razor - then Gillet still better than others.

And still, sugaring is best. :001_tt2: Maybe someday I'll decide and I'll make her happy, she already hinted a couple of times that it would be nice. But I`m afraid a bit.:a48:

Top Bottom