What's new

Suggestions for edging and Lines?

Ive been toying with a purchase of either a CJB or Feather SS for neck/cheek lines and edging ... i like to keep things crisp daily. What do you use to keep up the fresh look?

The beauty of a single blade is that it's super easy to keep lines fresh and know where you're cutting. Any DE or straight should be work great.

The beauty of a single blade is that it's super easy to keep lines fresh and know where you're cutting. Any DE or straight should be work great.

I hear ya! Not a DE fan so far ... I looked around and its between CJB feather ss or a personna shapper.
I was surprized when I checked out VinnytheBarbers youtube site and found he mostly uses the personna. If the CJB or SS blade came to the point of the razor it would be easier but the gap scares me atad for seeing the lines, and I'm no where near ready for a true straight or the maintenance either. Tuff decision when your just using it to edge as my neck lines long. Decisions-Decisions!

But thank you for the info.

CJB or Feather would both do the job fine. The blades last well in those razors too, so if you're not using them for full face shaves they should last even longer.

CJB or Feather would both do the job fine. The blades last well in those razors too, so if you're not using them for full face shaves they should last even longer.

Do you have an opinion on the Weck sextoblade or the Parker SF1 .. from my reading they seem to be recommendedI like the sextoblade for placement of the blades so i can see the edge but I found a local source for the SF1 and with shipping there bout same price ... anmd yes blades will last forever .. i'm built like a White Ape NO Neck and square LoL

I haven't really used a sextoblade.
As for Parkers, I've used SR1 and one other which was very similar. Like anything else they take some getting used to but they'll do a good job once you learn to handle them.

I don't do it everyday, but when I want to sharpen up around my circle beard I go over it again with a Schick injector.

Hmmm, I started my shave career with an injector. Always thought it was 1 of the best shaves back then. I never thought of it for lines but makes alot of sens. ANy particular model you'd suggest?

Hmmm, I started my shave career with an injector. Always thought it was 1 of the best shaves back then. I never thought of it for lines but makes alot of sens. ANy particular model you'd suggest?

I use a G mostly but they all work well for edging in this members experiences.

Now that you've got my interest up on injectors the Paul Revere Schick looks like a dandy to me. You ever use 1? anyone have comments on 1 or where to find one reasonably priced?

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Now that you've got my interest up on injectors the Paul Revere Schick looks like a dandy to me. You ever use 1? anyone have comments on 1 or where to find one reasonably priced?

I have a Paul Revere I bought some time ago off the 'bay. It's not as aggressive a razor as a "G" and I think a G would be better for edging.

All great suggestions for razors to use.

Concerning razors not to use, I've found the Merkur Futur to be the scariest. Hard to tell if it's going to take my stache at any moment.

Do you have an opinion on the Weck sextoblade or the Parker SF1 .. from my reading they seem to be recommendedI like the sextoblade for placement of the blades so i can see the edge but I found a local source for the SF1 and with shipping there bout same price ... anmd yes blades will last forever .. i'm built like a White Ape NO Neck and square LoL

I've used the Sextoblade and the Parker style half blade razors. They both work pretty well, but I think the Weck is easier to maneuver. I also think the blades cut more easily through the edge of the beard for reshaping. I suppose that could be a pro or a con, though - it's easier to cut too much out accidentally.

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I do all my trimming and shaping with a open comb Old Type.

At this point I'm only shaving/cleaning things up a couple times a week. First pass is with the Old Type, this is when I trim edge of the beard, and do the first pass on my neck. The second pass is with either a 39C or Tech.

Top Bottom