What's new

Suggestions about cleaning & storing a straight post-shave

after a shave I typically wipe down my razor with a towel and store in a drawer with a piece of toilet paper the length razor from pin to tail.

And I store in a drawer

How should I clean and store it? Thanks

I clean, dry, strop, and coat mine with oil, then wrap in tissue paper, with some getting a second wrapping of brown masking paper...those that don’t have their own case or felt sleeve. Squares of each paper are cut ahead of time and kept near my gear.

IMHO after shaving just clean it with some leftover lather, rinse it and dry it thoroughly. Store it away in a dry environment. That's all that's really needed.

Chris

You should dry, clean ,strop and store. How you do that is up to you. I rinse all my razors and immediately dry them with a hair dryer. I then wipe the down with a microfibre cloth, strop and store in a leather bag in a cold dry space. Never had any issue. I live inland in a warm area YMMV.

I rinse, then dry with a tissue making sure to put some in between the scales and move up and down between the pivot and the bottom of the scales then around the outside of the pivot between the scales. Then do about 20 light strokes on linen to keep the edge keen, give it a HHT, place it back in a breatheable case and back into the bathroom hall closet. I never leave them in the bathroom or near a place where humidity can get to them.

Larry

Top Bottom