What's new

Suggest a Vetiver puck

Once everything has settled down the vetiver is subtle, but lasts for many hours on my skin. I find this works well for me, because my regular go to EdP is Creed Original Vetiver. The two somewhat blend (though I prefer the top notes/opening to the Creed and find they can conflict if you use them too close together)
Im sure you may know this, but i didnt until after i bought OG, that the OG vetiver is based on more than the root, moreso the leaf iirc which is probably why the notes can conflict. Way sweeter than I expected for a vetiver based scent. Still great though and very refreshing.

“Original Vétiver dramatically reinvents the traditional vetiver scent. Before Original Vétiver, only one part of the vetiver plant was used in a fragrance. The House of Creed infuses all three parts of the plant: the earthy root, the verdant leaves, and the rich heart to freshen the blend. The result is a green/fresh scent reminiscent of lingering summers. Invigorating, sophisticated, and vivacious, it leaves an alluring air of freshness”

Just got it yesterday. I lathered up a brush full and it seems to be good. I'll try it for real this evening. Kinda disappointed in the smell though. It smells more of what I know as sandalwood. I guess I don't know what vetiver is. I was going on what I thought was the predominant scent of Cremo Reserve Blend (described as bourbon, vetiver and oak) which I really, really like. Looks like I need to do some more research. (As if I need an excuse to by more shaving soap!)

Most people who think they like “vetiver “ actually like vertofix. It’s an aroma chemical that smells outdoorsy like cremo reserve.

If you dislike fine fresh vetiver, you will HATE anything that resembles guerlain vetiver, including fine green vetiver and royall vetiver.

I’ve been down the vetiver rollercoaster, and I’m very cautious now. They range from piney-awesome to soapy-stomach-turning.

Most people who think they like “vetiver “ actually like vertofix. It’s an aroma chemical that smells outdoorsy like cremo reserve.

If you dislike fine fresh vetiver, you will HATE anything that resembles guerlain vetiver, including fine green vetiver and royall vetiver.

I’ve been down the vetiver rollercoaster, and I’m very cautious now. They range from piney-awesome to soapy-stomach-turning.

Well, i wouldn't go so far as to say soapy-stomach-churning. Just not what i was expecting or hoping for. The scent i liked and hoped to get was actually kind of peppery. The description was for bourbon, vetiver and oak, so maybe it wasn't the vetiver that was the predominant smell. Regardless, ive got a decent puck to lather from , and ill put a dollop of the cremo on top of it. Meanwhile, I've got some scent research to do.

This explains a lot. The only vetiver scents I’ve tried are MDC vetyver and Stirling Port-au-Prince. I like them both in their own ways but they are WILDLY different scents, at least to my nose. Based on descriptions I thought both were using essential oil pure vetiver scents, so it could just be two different types of vetiver. Either way, based on this experience alone, it seems vetiver is another one of those scents (like barbershop or sandalwood) with a lot of different interpretations.

Top Bottom