What's new

Sue Brushes (Auction)

Graydog

Biblical Innards
So here are two handles that I am working on for the Auction
The one is "Backyard" Maple with Rosewood band drilled out for 26mm
Number Two is Pink Ivory and Purple Heart drilled out for 24mm ,both almost done.
20180904_121401.jpg
20180904_121513.jpg
20180904_121321.jpg
20180904_121329.jpg

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Stunners! I can hear the wallets opening right now!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

That maple & rosewood is BEAUTIFUL! Gorgeous figuring throught the maple, what an outstanding piece of wood, and great contrast with the rosewood band. VERY nice Steve.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
That maple & rosewood is BEAUTIFUL! Gorgeous figuring throught the maple, what an outstanding piece of wood, and great contrast with the rosewood band. VERY nice Steve.
That was from a big branch from the Maple tree in my Backyard
I had it in my shop for awhile now .
Thanks everyone , now for the knot .
I have a nice 26mm white synthetic that I was think about , what do you think ?
20180906_091353.jpg

Graydog

Biblical Innards
I also have a Black Walnut Synthetic that I just finished
This one is going to be a pif in the DE forum.
20180906_091915.jpg
20180906_091935.jpg

Man Steve... both are beauties. I think the white knot in the maple handle looks great. It’s hard to tell for sure from the pic but it looks like the walnut has some nice figure to it as well.

From your backyard... nice... the only tree I have is a palm which is horrible for turning. I hope you know how lucky you are to live where there is an abundance of good wood. I have plenty of mesquite from a tree my daughter had cut down which is great for turning, but otherwise I pay a premium to hand select wood from other areas. It’s a big reason I got into turning resin. It’s hard to pay for maple, oak, walnut etc when there was so much of it when I lived back there. I didn’t know how good I had it.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
So I did not want to forget this one
Pink Ivory and Purple Heart
Maggard Plisoft Type or The Gray Timber Wolf knot ?
auction4.jpg
auction6.jpg
auction7.jpg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I don't think it matters what knots you put in those handles. They all look great. Oh Man, they are good.

Last edited:
The Black walnut brush is superb. The boar is fantastic. My two votes go for them.

The rest are piece of art too! No problem voting for those too.

Top Bottom