What's new

Sudsy Soapery Uplift (New tallow formula)

Hey guys, I just got my Uplift in the mail, it's Sudsy Soapery's New tallow formula. I haven't tried it yet, but I love their vegan soap and I can't believe I haven't seen or heard more about this. I'll update when I've tried it out.

Mine came today as well. Had a first shave with it. It's good. lather is noticeably different than the regular Sudsy. Close shave and nice post. Will need a few days to dial it in to form a decent opinion.

Only one use, but I’m impressed. Strong darker lemon scent. Sledgehammer strong. Definitely the strongest scent level Sudsy Soapery has put out.
Lather is right there with Grooming Dept., Tallow and Steel, Declaration Grooming. In other words excellent. Will be a week or so to determine overall conditioning effect, but I’m guessing it will be very good at the least.

I think I’m really going to like this one.

Like what I'm hearing so far from you guys. Have SS in my rotation and will definitely be ordering from them again. Just need to use up a few soaps first.

Sounds like a step above their “supercreamed, triple butter” formula (which I love)?
This is what I'm interested to know, because the tallow soap doesn't have the cocoa or shea butters from the original soaps (or mango butter from the Rain fornula), which I think were a big part of the amazing post-shave feel the original soaps give.

I did a test palm lather and the soap makes a lot of lather very easily. It doesn't seem quite as slick and rich as Wholly Kaw Donkey Milk or Declaration Grooming, but I still need to play with it more and adjust. It's quite similar to the veggie soap for me.

My wife (worked in fragrance for years) nailed the scent after I showed her the tub of Uplift. Lemon Verbena....and it smells just like one of her Lemon Verbena bath soaps. It is strong, but good.

Ingredient comparison Sudsy Tallow: Saponified Stearic Acid, Beef Tallow, Palm Kernel, Coconut, Castor, Kokum Butter, Essential Oil Blend, Vegetable Glycerin, Sodium Lactate, Honey, Beeswax, Lanolin, Organic Aloe Leaf.

Sudsy Supercreamed: Saponified Stearic Acid, Coconut Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Castor Oil, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Cocoa Butter, Theobroma Cocoa (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Kokum Butter, Garcinia Indica Seed Butter, Shea Butter, Butyrospermum Parkii, Lanolin Anhydrous, USP. with Cambrian (Russian) Blue Clay, Glycerin vegetable, USP, Sodium Lactate, 100% Pure Essential Oils, Bentonite Clay.

So in comparing formulas,

The Tallow formula has tallow, palm oil, honey, beeswax, lanolin and aloe.

The Supercreamed Formula has Cocoa butter, shea butter, and clay.

Both formulas have stearic acid, coconut oil, castor oil, kokum butter, glycerin and essential oils.

So in comparing formulas,

The Tallow formula has tallow, palm oil, honey, beeswax, lanolin and aloe.

The Supercreamed Formula has Cocoa butter, shea butter, and clay.

Both formulas have stearic acid, coconut oil, castor oil, kokum butter, glycerin and essential oils.

Thanks for the comparisons

I've lathered since and the soap definitely has a little more of that tallowy sheen than the veggie version. A fantastic soap, definitely top tier for me, right with their normal products, Declaration Grooming, etc. Very thick, slick, and creamy lather that is easy to produce in large volumes.

I've lathered since and the soap definitely has a little more of that tallowy sheen than the veggie version. A fantastic soap, definitely top tier for me, right with their normal products, Declaration Grooming, etc. Very thick, slick, and creamy lather that is easy to produce in large volumes.

Thanks for the feedback. This is definitely one that I MUST have!

It would be amazing if they could carryover their existing scents to the tallow base. Fingers crossed!

Top Bottom