What's new

Sudsy Soapery Tallow with Chatillon Lux ... what???

I enjoy all my Sudsy Soapery shave soaps. However, Uplift is absolutely phenomenal for me. I have heard the Sudsy Soapery is working on the second scent for their tallow base ... and it's a collaboration with Chatillon Lux. As both are local to the St. Louis area, the pairing seems natural. The scent is a Lemon Rose Chypre. Sounds simple yet sophisticated. I can't wait for the new release and the proposed scent is enticing for me. I have a lot of Chatillon Lux's and Sudsy Soapery's products in my collection already and a pairing of the two will be fabulous. Now, I just have to wait for the release notification.

I'm sure it will be great. However, I already have a puck of Mystic Waters in the Rosalimone scent, which, as you could probably figure out, is lemon and rose. Hard to imagine the Sudsy Soapery soap being better than this one.

This is great news. The Delor de Treget veggie soap from SS is amazing, so I have high hopes for this one. Do you know when the soap will be released? Am I correct in assuming Chatillon Lux will be releasing an aftershave in the same scent?

This is great news. The Delor de Treget veggie soap from SS is amazing, so I have high hopes for this one. Do you know when the soap will be released? Am I correct in assuming Chatillon Lux will be releasing an aftershave in the same scent?

I don't think Chatillon Lux has plans to do an aftershave in the scent, but I could be wrong. It is my understanding that Shawn just made a scent for Sudsy Soapery. My understanding is that the soap is being made between last week and this coming week. So hopefully it won't be long before it is available.

Last edited:
I'm sure it will be great. However, I already have a puck of Mystic Waters in the Rosalimone scent, which, as you could probably figure out, is lemon and rose. Hard to imagine the Sudsy Soapery soap being better than this one.

I never had any luck with Mystic Water soap. It wouldn't lather for me, even after a lot of experimentation. Sudsy Soapery, on the other hand, has always performed well. The way I see it, any given soap is going to incite a range of opinions from positive to negative and everywhere in between. If you have found your perfect lemon/rose soap, then that is great to hear, but others may still be looking, so it's nice to see a new option on the market.

I never had any luck with Mystic Water soap. It wouldn't lather for me, even after a lot of experimentation. Sudsy Soapery, on the other hand, has always performed well. The way I see it, any given soap is going to incite a range of opinions from positive to negative and everywhere in between. If you have found your perfect lemon/rose soap, then that is great to hear, but others may still be looking, so it's nice to see a new option on the market.

I'm not familiar with Mystic Waters. I don't know how the scents or performance might compare. I have a number of good soaps, but Sudsy Soapery is one of my favorites.

I'm not familiar with Mystic Waters. I don't know how the scents or performance might compare. I have a number of good soaps, but Sudsy Soapery is one of my favorites.

It was one of the most beloved soaps on shaving forums, a few years back. People stopped talking about it as a never ending stream of new brands/reformulations became popular. I don't know that too many people still keep it in rotation, but a lot of people used to like it.

Mystic Water has a really extensive lineup of scents. Check it out!
Shaving Soap

Agree.

I remember that there was always a contingent of people who had trouble lathering Mystic Waters. Thankfully, I was never in that contingent. From day one I have had outstanding lathers from MW soaps, and excellent shaves.

There can never be too many lemon/rose soaps, though.

I would actually pass on any future Sudsy tallow offerings unless it has tobacco because I'm then obligated to try it - self proclaimed tobacco fiend here. I have Uplift, and I'll likely use and finish it but I think the tallow base is a step backward in relation to the veggie soap and I'm far from alone in that observation.

My only beef (pun intended) with Uplift is the scent. It reminds of the lemon furniture polish my mother used. I am curious how the SS Lemon Rose Chypre scent and soap will compare to WCS Chypre made by Oleo Soapworks.

Top Bottom