What's new

Sudsy Soapery question

I’ve been using my first Sudsy Soapery soap, Lemon Rose Chypre, a lot lately. Performance is excellent, and I like the scent, but it’s much too weak for me. Can someone recommend a stronger SS scent?

The only SS I have is Citrus & Bay and I agree - excellent performance. It appears to be plenty strong in scent for me. If it was any stronger then I might not reach for it as much. However, I can't compare it to any other SS scents.

We're likely to have different noses, therefore best you get opinions from a few different members - particularly those who have tried multiple SS scents.

I agree that sudsy soapery scents are not strong. I have tried the white sage & lime (love it), lemon rose chypre (not my style but I respect it), and top o the morning (also love this one). All are on the subtle side, with white sage & lime being the one that I tend to smell most later in the day. I love three things about their soaps: all natural, the general performance is fantastic, and their scents tend to be focused not just on smell but also on benefits for the skin because of the essential oils used. Just enjoy it, it's great soap.

I am a bit of a frag head which is a big reason why I like Sudsy so much. Performance aside, I pretty much use Rain the entire spring and summer. Why? I can smell it through the shave and its great, it does not linger long and whatever does, meshes perfectly with any spring/summer leaning fragrance I choose. And if I go with no fragrance, it doesnt clash with any aftershave I may choose. Its being re released tomorrow btw.

Strength has been a knock on SS for a long time. If you want a "strong soap to last", what you actually want is a fragrance

In eagerly awaiting the rain release.
I had drifted away from SS for no reason other than I have a lot of soaps I rotate them.
White sage and lime is tops for me and the A/S is one of the best both in scent and post shave feel.

In eagerly awaiting the rain release.
I had drifted away from SS for no reason other than I have a lot of soaps I rotate them.
White sage and lime is tops for me and the A/S is one of the best both in scent and post shave feel.
I went from 50ish soaps to 6 or 7 now and Rain is one of the few remaining. I did a review of it some time ago, really good stuff

The only SS I have is Citrus & Bay and I agree - excellent performance. It appears to be plenty strong in scent for me. If it was any stronger then I might not reach for it as much. However, I can't compare it to any other SS scents.

I can second this.

I love their Super Creamed, Triple Butter formula Citrus & Bay. It is very strong, but bearably so. The scent profile was first introduced to me by Tallow & Steele West Indies, which was an over-the-top punch to the face scent.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Im not familiar with all of their versions but ss blizzard wad a total dud for me a goopy mess kinda turned ne off ss. So with that being said what base is rain?

I can second this.

I love their Super Creamed, Triple Butter formula Citrus & Bay. It is very strong, but bearably so...

To my nose it's not powerful at all and I have used samples of almost all their non-tallow soaps and have a tub of their Uplift which is a strong scented lemon. That said, my favorite scent is their White Sage & Lime. I also think Sudsy Soapery has been almost criminally underrated on shaving forums and is easily one of the top five shaving soaps extant.

I am a bit of a frag head which is a big reason why I like Sudsy so much. Performance aside, I pretty much use Rain the entire spring and summer. Why? I can smell it through the shave and its great, it does not linger long and whatever does, meshes perfectly with any spring/summer leaning fragrance I choose. And if I go with no fragrance, it doesnt clash with any aftershave I may choose. Its being re released tomorrow btw.

Strength has been a knock on SS for a long time. If you want a "strong soap to last", what you actually want is a fragrance
I’m not looking for a scent that lasts, just one that I can smell during the shave.

Fragrances are definitely a YMMV type of thing. I purchased a number of samples from The Sudsy Soapery. Nearly all of the scents except Cola caused severe irritation to my face. Because the Cola was OK, I presume I was sensitive to the scent ingredients rather than the soap ingredients. The worst of all was the Uplift which is a strong lemon scent. I loved the smell of the soap, but my face just could not tolerate it. Hopefully, your face will not react like mine did. The performance of the Cola was pretty good.

Top Bottom