What's new

Suds and Sparkles Peppermint!

I am looking to pick up the applejack peel scent since it was suggested by the maker as something similar to my favorite bath and body works scent, spiced cider. Wonder if any of the other soap makers can recreate that scent...:drool:

Thanks for the reply Zack.

I have both Arko, and Tabac in my arsenal as well. Tabac, and Queen Charlotte Soaps are my baseline soaps that I measure everything else against.

Arko is nowhere near as good as Tabac in my opinion. It's an acceptable quality soap, but I don't find it to be as spectacular as most people do. I don't dislike the scent, but it's basically Meh.

I would place Suds and Sparkles above Arko, but not nearly as good as QCS and Tabac. But it's performance is still great!!

Tabac will always be my first choice, has been for 36 years, I enjoy the QCS Tub Creams more than the puck based strictly on scent. Arko has a good lather & I don't mind the scent, but it leaves my face too dry and slightly red. Considering cost, performance & the variety of scents I'd place the Suds & Sparkles second in my soap rotation, ahead of QCS, Panna Crema which always seem to be sold out, Palmolive, & Klar Seifen Lotus & Ginger which is a bit pricey @~$30.00 for 110 grams. BTW the Suds & Sparkles Lemongrass is more of a Natural Lemon peel scent, very nice for Spring & early Summer.

I am looking to pick up the applejack peel scent since it was suggested by the maker as something similar to my favorite bath and body works scent, spiced cider. Wonder if any of the other soap makers can recreate that scent...:drool:

I'm sure Matt @ QCS could and it would probably be very good, you'd have to decide if it's worth the cost.

Last edited:
I find Arko to work really well, but my skin does feel way better after using the Suds and Sparkles, so it has that edge.

I'm sure Matt @ QCS could and it would probably be very good, you'd have to decide if it's worth the cost.

I think I would order the Suds and Sparkles version first to see how close it is. If it isn't what I am looking for then I'll contact Matt. Thanks!

Well, the buying disorder has already kicked in ... I had to order a three-pack to give 'em a try. Organic Peppermint, Vanilla Vanilla and My Dear Watson were my choices ... will report back once they arrive!

Well, the buying disorder has already kicked in ... I had to order a three-pack to give 'em a try. Organic Peppermint, Vanilla Vanilla and My Dear Watson were my choices ... will report back once they arrive!

Definitely interested in the report of the scent of the watson scent! Looking forward to it.

On the subject of scents, I bought the Tobacco, Rosemary & Lemongrass and received them two weeks ago, since I needed to check performance I opened the first out of the package. Lemongrass was the scent I grabbed, not a typical Lemongrass this was more of a natural Lemon Peel scent without the hint of earthiness found in Lemongrass. The scent really blooms when you start building lather, I found it refreshing and it made me think of a pile of fresh lemons, wishing I was sipping on an ice-cold glass of lemonade on a beautiful Summer Day... :thumbup:

The Lather was slick and gave me a comfortable shave, my typical two-pass with a G3 Injector/NOS Gillette blade, my face felt very smooth & the moisturizing properties of the soap is another :thumbup:. I'll use this until the end of September, rotating it with my Palmolive and packing it away until Spring, Tobacco will go into my Fall/Winter rotation with Tabac and Panna Crema Africa.

Just wanted to add my two cents to this; received my soaps in the mail Weds night, and had a chance to use the Peppermint this morning. Lovely scent, and cooling on the skin. Lather was fairly slick, and (I felt) bountiful using an Omega Boar (10098) in my shave bowl. Skin definitely felt moisturized, and I didn't notice any issues with drying out after doing 3 passes (tho I'm also just a neck shaver)

$IMGP8306.jpg$IMGP8307.jpg

Will report back on the other two flavors in the next few days :)

This looks great. I'll have to give these a try (sometime in very late December or January). Thanks for bumping this up, WooKstah.

Just wanted to add my two cents to this; received my soaps in the mail Weds night, and had a chance to use the Peppermint this morning. Lovely scent, and cooling on the skin. Lather was fairly slick, and (I felt) bountiful using an Omega Boar (10098) in my shave bowl. Skin definitely felt moisturized, and I didn't notice any issues with drying out after doing 3 passes (tho I'm also just a neck shaver)

View attachment 273802View attachment 273803

Will report back on the other two flavors in the next few days :)

I've got the same brush! Love the Peppermint! :thumbup:

I know this is an old link, but has anyone used this stuff recently? I've seen it on ebay and the huge scent selection intrigues me. I'm a little skeptical with olive oil being the second ingredient, though.

It's the best goat's milk soap I've tried, inexpensive, a large selection of scents, it lathers very easily and moisturizes well.

Everyone on this thread seemed to love the Peppermint, I'm not a Menthol guy but would recommend the Lemongrass, not a typical Lemongrass this was more of a natural Lemon Peel scent without the hint of earthiness found in Lemongrass.

This link is going to a Cisco computer switch sales page on eBay. Unless you are a network installer for very large companies with an insane amount of computer terminals this site won't interest you in the least. Chico, you may want to correct your post, if I were a moderator I would delete it but I am not one so I cannot.

I don't think that's possible, the date of that post is 07-18-2012.

I don't think that's possible, the date of that post is 07-18-2012.

I just checked again, I get the same network supply page on eBay. Maybe eBay recycles their web addresses so when one store closes it is assigned to another. The link is almost a year old now according to your comment so maybe that explains it.

I just got Peppermint Cream, Amber Romance, and Rise & Shine. Peppermint is definitely a winner, haven't tried the other 2 yet but they smell pretty good.

Top Bottom