What's new

Styptic

M

member 1211

Am I the only one who finds the taste of styptic mildly pleasant?

:confused1 :confused1 :confused1 :confused1

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
TakeTheCann0lis said:
Am I the only one who finds the taste of styptic mildly pleasant?

:confused1 :confused1 :confused1 :confused1

Nah. Anyone who tries my wife's cooking usually brings their own for dessert.

Guys, guys!!!!

Am I the only one who's seeing the right answer here??!!

The stypic is to use on your face, YOU'RE NOT MEANT TO EAT IT!!!!:eek:

:001_tongu

M

member 1211

woodbane said:
Guys, guys!!!!

Wait you're not supposed to take it orally? (kidding)

When I started shaving (14 yrs old or so), I remember my dad gave me his styptic pen. Occasionally, I would cut my upper lip, and the water combined with the styptic (aluminum?) would drip into my mouth. To me it tastes like like licking a 9v battery.

I guess I am the only one huh?

woodbane said:
Guys, guys!!!!

Not only is Andy correct, but if you consume enough of that stuff be prepared for the urge to relieve exceptional intestional pressures.:9898:

Ahhhh Ron, dear old Ron! As astute as ever and quite correct. I had quite forgotten about the superlative laxative effects of consuming ones styptic.

Gotta say though that Prune juice tastes somewhat better and achieves the same thing!:biggrin:

woodbane said:
Ahhhh Ron, dear old Ron! As astute as ever and quite correct. I had quite forgotten about the superlative laxative effects of consuming ones styptic.

Gotta say though that Prune juice tastes somewhat better and achieves the same thing!:biggrin:

Why the prune juice of course!

woodbane said:
Guys, guys!!!!

Hmmm.... Well clearly not meant to be eaten. But the shape really suggests use elsewhere than the face as well, speaking of laxative effect....

If you mix it with Trumper violet, which is naturally sweet and kind of pasty, styptic pencil tastes a bit like a sweet tart. I find alum block more lemonade-tasting anyway. My AoS products taste pretty good too. I believe if it's good enough for my face, it's good enough for my belly!

russellnyc said:
If you mix it with Trumper violet, which is naturally sweet and kind of pasty, styptic pencil tastes a bit like a sweet tart. I find alum block more lemonade-tasting anyway. My AoS products taste pretty good too. I believe if it's good enough for my face, it's good enough for my belly!
My goodness! You need to try some of the QED soaps, particularly the Mocha Java! Doesn't need any styptic to be really tasty..:001_tt1:

TakeTheCann0lis said:
Occasionally, I would cut my upper lip, and the water combined with the styptic (aluminum?) would drip into my mouth. To me it tastes like like licking a 9v battery.

I guess I am the only one huh?
This happened to me today, a few times - it actually wasn't bad! It didn't taste like a battery to me, more like... super-concentrated old citrus. Sounds terribly pleasant, I know, but it wasn't as bad as I was expecting.

I perfer Proraso pre-shave cream. It worlks especially well as a breath freshner. If you run out of mints, just grab a glob of Proraso!

Never tasted styptic but I've just about eaten alum block. Guessing it's the same.

I find it a bit piquant but passable for an early morning taste. :biggrin:

Top Bottom