What's new

Styletto: new Titanium-Steel razors from The Goodfella's Smile

I'm sorry, but a 316Ti razor is ridiculous.

316Ti is an already very corrosion resistant steel - marine grade in fact - and Titanium is only added when the alloy must be stabilised for welding applications or for use at high temperatures.

Since we dont weld our razors, & we dont shave at 800 degrees, use of this grade is completely pointless, as pointless as use of 17/4 steel.

Since we dont weld our razors, & we dont shave at 800 degrees

GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

The plating looks flawless. The head looks like a modified gamechanger. However, they don't ship to certain countries.

Here is a quick review on it:
(It's in Italian)

And won’t even enter into discussion why most countries are out. Mine is enroute via an on forwarding company in USA.

And won’t even enter into discussion why most countries are out. Mine is enroute via an on forwarding company in USA.
Yeah it's extremely odd, guess it has something to do with import laws.

I'm excited to hear first hand impressions as I would consider one in the future.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Just received (Italy) this razor is beautiful with perfect balance. First run tomorrow with a Feather. This is their most aggressive razor out of the three offered.
I put you in my bookmarks a few days ago just to check when you post about this razor! I am looking forward to your shave. I am also interested in the black model, not for the color, but I usually rather take the more aggressive razors, too.
A Feather for an already supposedly aggressive razor? Now that's daring! Maybe reconsider for a smoother blade for the first try.

In any case, this will be interesting. I wonder if the handle is still grippy when wet, the coating might make it more grippy but could also make it more slippery. That's something you could check if you don't mind. :thumbup1:

I put you in my bookmarks a few days ago just to check when you post about this razor! I am looking forward to your shave. I am also interested in the black model, not for the color, but I usually rather take the more aggressive razors, too.
A Feather for an already supposedly aggressive razor? Now that's daring! Maybe reconsider for a smoother blade for the first try.

In any case, this will be interesting. I wonder if the handle is still grippy when wet, the coating might make it more grippy but could also make it more slippery. That's something you could check if you don't mind. :thumbup1:
The handle is heavy but feels (dry) very secure in hand. The gap is 1.11 mm with positive blade exposure (unknown). When shaving I make sure my hands are dry as possible well aware what can happen if I get careless.

First shave
Styletto Goodfellas (black)
Feather
MDC Rose Soap
Semogue Boar
Usual two pass shave and thats all it takes. This is a very aggressive razor but so smooth its hard to believe. Although the gap is 1.11 I think the blade exposure is huge. I purposely wet my hand to test out grip. No issues. Razor sticks to my hand like glue. The balance is very impressive (perfect). Agressivness 9/10 with ease. After I finish with the Feather I will try a Voskhod. The actual cost of the razor is under 200usd but when you add express shipping (only option) it is well over 200usd. However, I got the razor in five days (Italy to Florida). For those who like a milder shave the gold and silver Styletto migh be an option.

Happy Thanksgiving to all
Styletto Goodfellas.JPG

Iridian

Cool and slimy
I bought one!
103,35 EUR (~116,38 USD), as I am within Europe shipping is included. They seem to have a general 33% off for everything Black Friday sale on Rasoigoodfellas.

BUT you have to WAIT in a queue and keep the browser window open, ***, rarely have I seen such a thing before. This kinda reminds me of me trying to get ice cream in Italy in Rome some twenty years ago, lol

Now gentlemen, I am dead serious: I am looking for a fitting black 13-14 mm razor stand. Started looking on Amazon. Please keep im mind that I am living in Europe. Doesn't have to be too fancy, just black and metal. But a nice plastic stand would also be appreciated. I just didn't find one so far!

ne ho comprato uno!
103,35 EUR (~116,38 USD), poiché sono in Europa la spedizione è inclusa. Sembrano avere uno sconto generale del 33% su tutti i saldi del Black Friday su Rasoigoodfellas.

MA devi ATTENDERE in coda e tenere aperta la finestra del browser, ***, raramente ho visto una cosa del genere prima. Questo mi ricorda un po' di me che cercavo di prendere un gelato in Italia a Roma una ventina di anni fa, lol

Ora signori, dico sul serio: sto cercando un supporto per rasoio da 13-14 mm nero adatto. Ho iniziato a cercare su Amazon. Per favore, tieni presente che vivo in Europa. Non deve essere troppo elegante, solo nero e metallo. Ma sarebbe apprezzato anche un bel supporto in plastica. Finora non ne ho trovata una!

I bought one!
103,35 EUR (~116,38 USD), as I am within Europe shipping is included. They seem to have a general 33% off for everything Black Friday sale on Rasoigoodfellas.

BUT you have to WAIT in a queue and keep the browser window open, ***, rarely have I seen such a thing before. This kinda reminds me of me trying to get ice cream in Italy in Rome some twenty years ago, lol

Now gentlemen, I am dead serious: I am looking for a fitting black 13-14 mm razor stand. Started looking on Amazon. Please keep im mind that I am living in Europe. Doesn't have to be too fancy, just black and metal. But a nice plastic stand would also be appreciated. I just didn't find one so far!

103 euro with free delivery in Europe is much better and if the head really is an upgraded and more aggressive version of the Game Changer, that might be a good thing, since I really like my GC and I wish there was a more aggressive version of it and instead of buying iKon heads, that might just do the job.

For the most part, we rarely see any good offer on anything in Europe, while those in the US have tons of products that are much cheaper even if they are from Europe. How that works, I really don't know.

Also, that queue thing that they did on their website is very stupid. I hate when people use communist tactics like this to have a control on the market, almost like what Rolex is been doing.

Questo sembra interessante, non ho mai visto questo tipo di design prima. Ma ci vorrà un po' per arrivare.
Ho ordinato un supporto in alluminio nero per colmare il tempo in mezzo su Amazon, un "Anself" nero, anche un marchio cinese.
10/15 days from China to Italy usually!

Iridian

Cool and slimy
For the most part, we rarely see any good offer on anything in Europe, while those in the US have tons of products that are much cheaper even if they are from Europe. How that works, I really don't know.

Also, that queue thing that they did on their website is very stupid.

Yeah, I hear you. 😢
Importing razors from the USA and now also Canada became even worse after the EU "streamlined" tax/vat/customs collection.
Basically, they now check literally every parcel and put a price on it. This takes time, but it is at least working again now. It was really bad in the weeks after the introduction.

The UK got shafted. There are no customs involved shipping to the EU for most goods, so far, so good, but... fantasy tax/VAT gets added, handling fees etc.. In practice ordering from the UK, be it razors or anything else, takes time and has become costly. You might rather order from Canada, USA or the rest of the world, no kidding. Even if USPS can be funny, they needed 7 days to transport my Chiseled Face razor from somewhere in Chicago to Chicago International Airport.

I also wonder why it is mostly European shaving sites that are terribly slow, even if you are located within Europe as well. I am rather thinking of Tatara right now, but their website worked during Black Friday. Rasoi might do this because of the years before, their website got overrun. Now one can speculate if they and wetshaving are so popular in Italy, or if the website is on a rather poor server. :D

Yeah, I hear you. 😢
Importing razors from the USA and now also Canada became even worse after the EU "streamlined" tax/vat/customs collection.
Basically, they now check literally every parcel and put a price on it. This takes time, but it is at least working again now. It was really bad in the weeks after the introduction.

The UK got shafted. There are no customs involved shipping to the EU for most goods, so far, so good, but... fantasy tax/VAT gets added, handling fees etc.. In practice ordering from the UK, be it razors or anything else, takes time and has become costly. You might rather order from Canada, USA or the rest of the world, no kidding. Even if USPS can be funny, they needed 7 days to transport my Chiseled Face razor from somewhere in Chicago to Chicago International Airport.

I also wonder why it is mostly European shaving sites that are terribly slow, even if you are located within Europe as well. I am rather thinking of Tatara right now, but their website worked during Black Friday. Rasoi might do this because of the years before, their website got overrun. Now one can speculate if they and wetshaving are so popular in Italy, or if the website is on a rather poor server. :D

The shipping within the EU is indeed terribly slow. The best way to get stuff cheaper from the US for instance is if you have a relative or a good friend there and when you buy something you give their shipping address and once you buy all the things that you need he/she can ship them to you and that way you will either pay nothing or pay very little. For instance, a month ago i've received a package with soaps, injector blades, a badger brush and around 40 DE blades from the US and I haven't payid VAT, tax or anything. If the package is send as a gift with a very low value, even if you have to pay VAT or whatever, it would still be very cheap. That's what I do and so far is working.

I have a good friend from the US who helps me get stuff cheaper that way and my cousin lives in the UK and thanks to both of them i've got my hands on many vintage razors that were only sold locally and without their help I could have never even dreamed of getting any of that or at least as cheap.

Rasoi might do this because of the years before, their website got overrun. Now one can speculate if they and wetshaving are so popular in Italy, or if the website is on a rather poor server.
They have server problems; they had a testrun a couple of weeks ago for selected customers with a 25% discount and the whole system was close to a breakdown. Loading your basket took more time than the 10 minutes per item allowed to stay in the basket. This testrun was especially to test their system for Black Friday. I think it still can't handle all the traffic and that is why it runs through crowdhandler.com. I checked in at 1 AM this morning and could enter at 6AM (I was just in time out of bed....) ; the .eu site was closed and I got redirected to their .com site that is only in Italian now.

There were 5K or 6K in line before me but the good news is that they extended the sale till saturday 9PM (just received their mail) local time. Last time I checked the line was about 6 hours long..... BTW, it is 35% off (not 33%) and on every product.

Last edited:
I bought one!

Just for fun I got in que. Wait time is 15 hours are they nuts. And they go to lunch from 2-4 pm.

Top Bottom