What's new

Style lament...

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Nope, but Hostess is a food group. Especially, the fruit pies šŸ˜
Well....I'm pretty sure my wife won't let me hang out with you on my next Road Trip Movie with @dmshaver ......she told me yesterday it wouldn't kill me to lose 30 pounds!

I asked her how did she know that??? I've never lost 30 pounds before!

Oh, man, the troubles I've seen! I tell ya, I get no respect!
Ā 
Well....I'm pretty sure my wife won't let me hang out with you on my next Road Trip Movie with @dmshaver ......she told me yesterday it wouldn't kill me to lose 30 pounds!

I asked her how did she know that??? I've never lost 30 pounds before!

Oh, man, the troubles I've seen! I tell ya, I get no respect!
I donā€™t understand why our wives want us to lose something. They get mad when they lose something & canā€™t find it!
Ā 
No one should feel uncomfortable in a suit and tie, provided they fit. If your suit/tie is uncomfortable it is because it doesn't fit properly. Fit is everything, even for casual clothes.
I hate wearing layers of clothing; especially dress clothes, I also have a special dislike for dress shoes (even the expensive nice ones).
Ā 
My dad always told my brother and I that your clothes are the intro to the story you tell before you have the chance to speak. To this day I always insist on clean and well fitting clothes. I've often been called over dressed and told that I shouldn't stress so much about what I wear. What most folks fail to understand though is because I'm particular about what I buy and how I care for it I never stress about what I wear.
Ā 
My dad always told my brother and I that your clothes are the intro to the story you tell before you have the chance to speak. To this day I always insist on clean and well fitting clothes. I've often been called over dressed and told that I shouldn't stress so much about what I wear. What most folks fail to understand though is because I'm particular about what I buy and how I care for it I never stress about what I wear.
IMHO, people should only comment on your appearance if it is a compliment. I dislike when people ask me why I dressed up.
Ā 
I hate wearing layers of clothing; especially dress clothes, I also have a special dislike for dress shoes (even the expensive nice ones).

Dislike, or are uncomfortable in? They are two very different things.

My dad always told my brother and I that your clothes are the intro to the story you tell before you have the chance to speak.

Your Dad is a very wise man!
Ā 
Iā€™ve always worked in the tech sector so clothing is not a major factor for business. I generally wear what is comfortable and safe (no ties in a tool room for example). I choose to put my style and money into accessories. I might wear an alligator belt, use a Goyard wallet or wear a decent watch and shoes with shorts and a tee shirt. Employees are required to wear closed toe shoes, be ā€œcovered upā€ and not wear tee shirts or other garments decorated with statements or images that are ā€œtoo provocativeā€.

It is enjoyable to break out a well made suit once in a while for a wedding or a formal gathering. There will always be a place for well made formal dress IMO. Otherwise I am glad to wear what works for the job at hand.

If Iā€™m visiting a bank business person, investment advisor or litigating lawyer for example, some formality from their side is expected. It shows respect for the customer and gives the proceedings some gravitas that is appropriate. A patent lawyer would typically wear jeans and an open collar shirt for a brainstorming session I would expect.
Ā 

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
After rumbling down the stairs one Saturday morning, I walked into the living room where my daughter was seated on the couch watching TV.

I was wearing an untucked Lacoste, chinos and a pair of Jack Purcell sneeks (no socks).

My daughter looked at me and asked:

ā€œDad, why are you all dressed up?ā€

šŸ™„šŸ˜€
Ā 
Last edited:
Top Bottom