What's new

Stupid POST OFFICE

+1 I've heard of this happening with other shipments from Julie, and she is usually very good about sending a replacement.

Yea, she is sending another one.

proxy.php

The USPS has many more problems, trust me. Since I reopened in December I have placed the new "regulation size" consumer commodity label on my products containing alcohol and they are being treated as if there is an active bomb in them. They are to be placed at the rear of the drivers truck (In case you did not know, edt or splash can take down an airplane) then to be sorted at the facility, and placed in one section for HAZMAT.

Apparently they are so dangerous they do not scan them. What this has led to is numerous customers receiving product up to three weeks after the fact and they are unable to see the PO actually is in possesion of their package until the receiving office is nice enough to do their job and scan it. Unbelievable. Just another way to show me doing things the correct, honest way does not pay. :thumbdown

Short of my story I would rather be replacing a broken package than having horrible delivery time for my customer ordering products containing alcohol.

I have about one package or less on average broken a month, considering the amount of stuff I ship, I think that is pretty good. I do not think it is USPS fault either, usually a faulty/weak bottle or just my fault :blushing:

Remember when you pack it expect it to be used as a football. :w00t:

You never ever put fragile on a shipment. if you do they give it to the meanest biggest gorilla they have to use as a play toy.

[YOUTUBE]Q2sObM9p9mQ&NR[/YOUTUBE]

EDIT: that video worked and still works when I preview a post. Don't know why not here?

Last edited:
Now I am thankful for the person who sent me my DB 1.5 for packaging it in a whole lot of bubble wrap, thank you for doing so who ever you are sorry forgetting about you name though.

Gee thats where all the CF trailer loaders went to work who didn't get hired on at SAIA...
CF officially stood for Consolidated Freight Unofficially it was Crushed Freight
Don't get started on SAIA

Also fragile means indestructible contents inside this delicate box

Last edited:
Exactly the same thing happened to me yesterday. My 1.5 one-piece DB scuttle came in no less than 10 pieces. I called Julie, who told me that she had just gotten a call from another customer - no doubt our OP - that the same thing had happened. She's making good on it of course, but you cannot believe how well packaged it was. She does an incredible job of wrapping her goods; I have no idea how this would happen. A brush scuttle in the same package arrived in good order.

This pisses me off; if it were a shipment of aftershave or something I'd be more mellow, but, dammit, Julie is a craftsperson who makes these things with her own hands. She inspects her own work before she sends it out; it has to satisfy her before it leaves. Then this.

Rant over.

Jeff

I just received my replacement about an hour ago. It arrived in good order, and is a beautiful (single) piece.

Thanks Julie!

Jeff

Top Bottom