What's new

Study on Lather Preferences, based on Shaving Experience

INSTRUCTIONS:

Reply to this thread with the following 3 mandatory pieces of information:

#1: Product preference - You MUST choose only 1 of the following options - your choices are as follows: "I often prefer creams", "I often prefer soaps", or "I generally like soaps and creams equally".

#2: Tell us the number of years that you have been shaving in the traditional, wet shaving way (with brush and cream or soap).

#3: Method preference - You MUST choose only 1 of the following options - your choices are as follows: "I often prefer to face lather", "I often prefer to bowl lather", or "I generally like to bowl lather and face lather equally".

That's it! Let me know and I hope to see a bunch of responses, after which I will compile and publish the results in an easy to read way! Should be interesting.

- Badger Bill

1. I generally do prefer to use a shave cream

2. It was sixty years about ten days ago **

3. I generally do face lather more often.

Regarding the ** on the 60 years: I continued to use a DE with traditional software on Sundays, through my period of walking the path of unrighteousness (using Edge Gel five days a week and shaving in a huge rush).

1. I generally prefer soaps and creams equally.
2. I have been wet shaving for 28 years.
3. I generally prefer bowl lathering.

1) I prefer soaps (although I use creams 50% of the time because I have accumuilated a lot of software, but soaps are my preferred way)
2) I've been wetshaving for about 2,5 years now
3) I only facelather

#1: I often prefer soaps

#2: 10 years with a brush, soap/cream and carts. ~4 months with a DE.

#3: I often prefer to bowl lather

1. I often prefer soaps

2. Brush and Soap shaving going on 2 years

3. Used to bowl lather, strictly face lather for the past 2 months. Face lather is now the preferred method.

#1: Product preference - "I often prefer soaps"

#2: 0.75 yr.

#3: Method preference - "I often prefer to face lather"

1. I generally like soaps and creams equally
2. Right around 1 year using a brush and soap/cream, in my 6th month with a DE
3. I prefer to face lather

Interested in seeing the results of your study, thanks for taking the time to do this.

1. I often prefer soaps.
2. I have been a traditional shaver for 58 years.
3. I often prefer to face lather (75% of the time.)

Top Bottom