What's new

Stubby finest

A fellow member was kind enough to offer me a brand new boxed rooney stubby 1 in finest .Price was steep,but only a dozen of these fine brushes were produced...On first handling the brush,I ran my forearm over the tips.It felt pretty close to what a new simpsons 22mm duke felt like that my father brought me back from britain in the mid 1980's , that brush lasted 26 years ! Very very dense,thick strong hair,with little flex. The current size of stubby 1 is a 22mm knot...This knot appears smaller,I do not have calipers to measure it,so it may just be an illusion.....The knot is very strong ! Look at the photo of the heavy 23mm thater with a very heavy lucite handle sitting on top of the stubby,the tips show almost no flex at all!....bottom photos show brush after very first use.I suspect it will bloom just a little more,and the knot will soften a very little more,in about 10 shaves....I love this brush,my first rooney,I have a craving for a 24mm in finest now !!

Attachments

• $zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzgtdhtki 050.jpg
    $zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzgtdhtki 050.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 217
  • $zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzgtdhtki 052.jpg
    $zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzgtdhtki 052.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 216
  • $zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzgtdhtki 053.jpg
    $zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzgtdhtki 053.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 216
  • $zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzgtdhtki 057.jpg
    $zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzgtdhtki 057.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 217
  • $zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzgtdhtki 062.jpg
    $zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzgtdhtki 062.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 218
Wow! Fantastic brush Malocchio. A Stubby in Heritage Finest is a very rare brush. The hair is the Finest of Rooney Finest hair.

Very nice and very hard to get such a specimen, in particular unused. When you tire of it, you should trade it for something that is also very hard to obtain. Cash doesn't lather well.

Nice score, Malocchio, and kudos to the gent who sold it to you. (I like that photo with the Thater balanced on the Stubby. It definitely would not work the other way around. :001_smile)

Last edited:
They are great brushes!!! Congratulations on scoring one of the twelve or so. By the way, when I put the calipers on mine, it showed 23.65 mm x 46 mm.

They are great brushes!!! Congratulations on scoring one of the twelve or so. By the way, when I put the calipers on mine, it showed 23.65 mm x 46 mm.

WOW ! Now I will really have to find those calipers ! yours is almost a 24mm....maybe you got a prototype finest !!

Hold on to that flying unicorn. Not likely to just pick up another one anytime soon. I still love mine.

Top Bottom