What's new

Stubble Buster soaps are now available @ $8.99

With the help of your feedback the labels are now complete, and the soap line is launched.

$8.99 is not a promotional price. That is the price this line is going to be until the cost of raw materials makes me raise it.

I have them both at www.stubblebuster.com (where you get free shipping over $20) and www.groomatorium.com in case you need to throw other stuff in with your order.

I've been working on these for close to two years, and I'm really happy with how they turned out. However, I just wanted to throw out there that these soaps are scented to what is actually recommended by the fragrance maker - not "overscented" like chiseled face and most other soaps are. I know a lot of people like the strong "scent up the bathroom if I leave the cap off " scent, but stubble buster is aimed at inclusivity - and the lowest possible chance of irritation. So if you liked being hit by a wall of scent, this is probably not going to be something you love. However, if you like a nice scent while shaving which will be easily covered afterwards with any scent you wish to use, and possibly have sensitive skin, try this stuff out. Performance wise and in the post shave area, I would happily put stubble buster toe to toe with any soap in the sub $17 range.

Aftershaves will be coming in a couple of weeks that will be scented to chiseled face levels (somewhere between a standard aftershave and an EdT).

I'm interesting in trying them, but I wish there was a sample pack. This is the first I've seen pineapple listed on a scent profile.

I got my stubble buster soaps a few days ago and have used 2 of the three already. You did good Ron, the soaps perform very well and the scents are enjoyable. True they aren’t “face smacking” strong but they aren’t exactly weak either. The lather is SUPER slick and very thirsty (easy to load so I think I might be loading too much).

Great Job.

I got my stubble buster soaps a few days ago and have used 2 of the three already. You did good Ron, the soaps perform very well and the scents are enjoyable. True they aren’t “face smacking” strong but they aren’t exactly weak either. The lather is SUPER slick and very thirsty (easy to load so I think I might be loading too much).

Great Job.
Can you say which ones you got and make any comparisons?

Can you say which ones you got and make any comparisons?
I got MOXIE, RESOLUTE & GRUNGE. All three strike a cologne like vibe rather than a natural essential oil mix. The scents are well crafted and balanced. MOXIE instantly brought to mind a “man” smell, I swear I’ve smelled this scent on somebody before...not old spice or some kind of OLD man smell, more pleasing and traditional. From the tub it seems hard for me to pick up the nuances between MOXIE and GRUNGE, they smell very similar as if they are related. Once lathered I can tell they are different. BOTH would be a good place to start. GRUNGE is not at all grungy...do NOT try to relate this one to any CFG scent. I find the leather notes in RESOLUTE are less prominent than the violet/floral type scent. On an overall basis I think this one has the least punch and may be a little too subtle for me...great scent just not as leathery as I expected.

Perhaps Ron can confirm but I believe these scents are crafted to be a cologne type scent, not a copy of some existing brand but a cologne type. I think they would all make a good EdTor Aftershave.

I got MOXIE, RESOLUTE & GRUNGE. All three strike a cologne like vibe rather than a natural essential oil mix. The scents are well crafted and balanced. MOXIE instantly brought to mind a “man” smell, I swear I’ve smelled this scent on somebody before...not old spice or some kind of OLD man smell, more pleasing and traditional. From the tub it seems hard for me to pick up the nuances between MOXIE and GRUNGE, they smell very similar as if they are related. Once lathered I can tell they are different. BOTH would be a good place to start. GRUNGE is not at all grungy...do NOT try to relate this one to any CFG scent. I find the leather notes in RESOLUTE are less prominent than the violet/floral type scent. On an overall basis I think this one has the least punch and may be a little too subtle for me...great scent just not as leathery as I expected.

Perhaps Ron can confirm but I believe these scents are crafted to be a cologne type scent, not a copy of some existing brand but a cologne type. I think they would all make a good EdTor Aftershave.

I hope Ron doesn't mind, but someone on another community page that he made this announcement on asked about this, and here's what he replied:

They are based on colognes - but not 100% identical.

Absolutely - Boss no. one

Burnish - Azzaro Chrome

Moxie - Claiborne Curve for men

Impertinent - Doce Gabana D&G

Resolute - Fahrenheit

Grunge - Jean Paul G - Le Male

Game - VS Very Sexy for him

I have Game and think it's fantastic. Who'd have thought I would like a VS cologne?

Sorry, I just saw that there were replies here. Yes, they are based on colognes, but I have shied away from making a public announcement of them as I didn't want to steal the original brand's marketing efforts. They are very similar, but it's impossible to precisely dupe a scent, and the original maker deserves full credit for their creative and marketing efforts.

But yes, these products will pair very well with those colognes, and I will never make a dupe cologne to match, but will instead recommend that those who want it get that instead.

There will be aftershaves coming in the future though!

Don’t tell anyone, I have that cologne on my shelf.
I ordered the matching cologne for each of these scents and have to admit that I was very pleasantly surprised by VS "Very Sexy".

With as little thought as went into the naming and packaging of the fragrance, as well as how cheap it was I thought it would be terrible. It's really very pleasant, much better than a some of my much more expensive frags IMHO. It's not complex, or super interesting, but it's a solid, clean smelling fragrance.

Several people have been curious to see reviews, so I wanted to share the latest one here with you all.

Don Motts - This soap is softer than most right out of the tub. It lathers easily and is without a doubt the slickest I've ever used. I was a bit worried about the post shave because it almost felt greasy- like a balm when first applied. It absorbed into the skin after a few minutes just like a liquid balm and left my face feeling great. The Game scent is outstanding and i didn't feel it was weak at all. I had a chance to visit the store and smelled all of the Stubble Buster scents and they are all incredible! This unique formulation is a home run and I encourage everyone to pick up a tub. An excellent value!
The first Stubble buster aftershaves will be available this Saturday :)

Top Bottom