What's new

Stubble Buster shave soap review

Let me start off by saying that I was not paid for this review, I purchased the products on Saturday and they were delivered on Monday. I can attest to the great customer service provided, the order was processed/shipped within hours.

I purchased 2 shaving soaps (Game and Grunge) and 1 after shave splash (Game). When I placed the order, I did not know what to expect. There wasn’t a lot of reviews available and I’m not sure how new this product is. However, from what I gathered online about the company and the owner, I felt that it’s a company I can buy their product. This is meant to be a budget product without compromising the quality. With the shaving soap scent is mild, it was hard for me to pick up all the notes described. Which was fine by me, I read that in one of the descriptions and I was completely fine with that. I believe their shaving soaps are meant to have a milder scent but the after-shave splash packs a punch (in a good way).

As for the quality of the soap, it’s amazing. You really can’t go wrong for $8.99 for a 4 oz tub, you can also get the bundle of soap and aftershave for $17.99. For my first shave, I used the Game scent with a Yaqi 24mm synthetic brush which I ran under hot water and squeezed the water out. The soap was extremely easy to load, I could easily tell this was going to create an outstanding lather. I figured that since I haven’t used the soap before I should start off with less water and add it as I go on. One comment I read online was to not bloom the soap as it may reduce the quality of the soap. As I am loading, I can start to smell this great scent which was very pleasant. The website describes the scent with top notes of tangerine, lime, bergamot and caraway; middle notes of sage, cinnamon, Chinese coriander, and bamboo. I don’t have the best sense of smell so I couldn’t pick up all the notes but it’s more on the cologne side, and it’s really good and I was able to pick up a slight tangerine/lime combo.

Forgot to mention that I shave my head (one pass) and face (2 passes) both using face/head lather. First the head shave; was able to create a silky, yogurt like lather in a short time by adding few drops of water at time. Seemed like it was cushiony enough for shaving. My head shave takes some time and I was worried it would dry out eventually. That was not the case, really good lather for the entire shave. The soap was so slick that even with a cold rinse on my head after shaving I can still feel the slickness.

Now on to the face shave, still plenty of lather. To the point where it seemed I was producing more lather. Still not dry at all and provided cushion and slickness for my shave. After 2 passes, looked like I still had enough lather for at least one more pass and a touch up if I needed. Same thing, as I am rinsing after each pass, still feel plenty of slickness on my face.

After rinsing off I applied the after-shave splash which contains witch hazel, aloe barbadensis leaf juice. The scent of the after shave is stronger than the soap but it’s not bad at all. It was a pleasant smell, few hours after the shave and I can still catch a whiff of it.

Overall, very impressed and would recommend and I would buy again in a heartbeat.

Thank you for the review, it's good to hear a positive review.

The product line had some direct interactivity with B&B for the graphic designs which was pretty cool. I've been interested in it since then.

When I'm ready for some new soap I'm def up to try it.

Thanks again @SAMB08

The products are quite new - I released the first soaps just over a month ago, and the splashes a about 2 weeks ago. Glad you enjoyed!

The easiest lathering soap I have tried. Also provides good slickness and cushion. Well worth the $8.00 for 4 oz. It is soft though, almost cream.

The softness is due to how much oils it has that are not saponified, contributing to the post-shave, and slickness. Glad you liked it!

I just tried it. Really like it. Not a big artisan fan but this stuff lathers real well and has nice slickness with my straight.

Scent does not drive you out of the bathroom and the AS is fantastic. This is coming from a diehard MWF and DRH user if that is of any help.

Will definitely rebuy. Great value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just used grunge soap for the first time.

I LOVE it. I liked everything about it. Shaved great. Lathered great. Didn’t burn me. Above average post shave feel. Outstanding scent. I love the smell. This is the best deal ever for $9.

I am probably going to buy more scents.

Top Bottom