What's new

Strops Will Be Back October 1st !

Tony Miller

Speaking of horse butts…
OCT. 1st Update, lots of orders this morning and I now have about a weeks backlog. Will open the store for ordering mid to late next week, in the evening this time to give those busy during the day and better chance to order. Thanks for bearing with the limitations but this is a one person shop and can only make so many items each week.

I will be up and running again on October 1st ! Workshop remodel is pretty much done and I have gotten a lot of materials graded, sorts and prepped for making my strops.

Since orders can overwhelm many days (especially after being closed for a while) I plan to open inventory and take orders till I have 3 to 5 days of work, close ordering for a few days, then when caught up open ordering again. So, if you log on and see "out of stock" it is only a few day temporary delay till you can order again. I will even stagger "open" times between days and evening so everyone can find a time that is easy for them to check the storefront.

Right now most leather and hardware seem to be in good supply but do plan ahead for Christmas orders as USPS has been very slow the last 2 months with some packages taking nearly 2 weeks to reach their destination.

In addition to my usual leather choices I am working on some new materials for the future. Hopefully, pending good Pass Around reviews I will have a slick, supple Black Latigo to offer, a new Roughout Veg Tanned Horsehide for those liking a heavy draw strop. These will be a ways out though as I want to see more feedback before offering any for sale. My supplier found a stash of my old long discontinued Fast Bridle hides and I was able to secure 6 more. I will be evaluating them to decide which become Artisan strops and which become "plain" strops. I also secured a good direct source for my 3" Flax Linen so should be able to supply that for a long time to come.

Look forward to being back in the shop crafting strops rather than remodeling!

Thanks guys

Last edited:

Tony Miller

Speaking of horse butts…
OCT. 1st Update, lots of orders this morning and I now have about a weeks backlog. Will open the store for ordering mid to late next week, in the evening this time to give those busy during the day and better chance to order. Thanks for bearing with the limitations but this is a one person shop and can only make so many items each week.

Very sorry for any delays in ability to order.

Top Bottom