What's new

Strop you Drop...

Well first of all as a New Member, I thought I would say hi. I thought I would get my feet wet today amongst all you whisker mongers, to give you a little laugh!!! Years ago I lost my grandfather in a very bad accident. His tools were returned to my grandmother. She sold off the tools, used the empty wooden toolbox as a planter, and took off this assume high quality belt he used for a shoulder strap. She trimmed up the frayed edges and oiled down the leather. She found a place in our kitchen where she hung up this belt to be used as a strop for our kitchen and sportsman knives. But, here's the kicker!!! She wrote on the shiney side of the belt/strop, " Dick the Bruiser", grandma's favorite wrestler. I asked her why she did that and she said with an evil grin..."You'll see my little buddy"! That I did because the next time I was bad and Dad came home from work...the first thing he grabbed was Dick the Bruiser and to the wood shed we went and got my soft little butt pommeled by that strop! That piece of high quality leather withstood all those spankings and sharpenings over the years! Well now I am older with my own family and am a Chef by Trade. Can you guess what is hanging next to the pantry in my kitchen? Hope you liked that story for it was very painful for me to remember!!! LOL. Waxerone...

Top Bottom