What's new

Strop Shoppe - Limited Edition - "Alpine Frost"

Just had my first shave with it. All I can say is "WOW"! I love this scent!! Smells incredible! I'm tempted to buy another one since it's a limited run. I'm saving this bad boy for special occasions. Soap performs just as awesome as you'd expect from Strop Shoppe, but this scent has made it my new favorite from this company. I highly recommend it! The tallow and lanolin together are fantastic; I could have easily skipped aftershave and been ok in the moisture department.

Our limited edition line is based on our tallow Special Edition formula to provide the ultimate in performance. These special run soaps will only be available for a limited amount of time.
Alpine Frost brings up images of hiking mountain forrest trails during the first cold of winter. Ylang Ylang, cypress, hints of pine and winter spices mingle over hints of fresh mountain breezes.
This is our second limited edition featuring the luxurious skincare and protection properties of lanolin.
These limited edition products are approximately 4 ounces of product in a durable double walled plastic tub.
Ingredients : Stearic Acid, Tallow, Glycerin, Coconut Oil, Cocoa Butter, Shea Butter, Fragrance.
Saponifying agents : Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Hydroxide.

Does anyone else have significant problems navigating through Strop Shoppe's website or is it just me? Chrome keeps coming up with "Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to stropshoppe.com" when I try to navigate between sections on the site. It seems the site is working just fine on IE8.

I found Alpine Frost through Google but how the heck do you navigate to product page from the home page?

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it all out. For some reason I was navigating to the secure version of the site at https.

Last edited:
Tallow SS is the best there is, I am a huge fan, Baker St and Black Tie intoxicate me. Don't just say incredible give us more insight to the scent of AF. :001_smile

Just had my first shave with it. All I can say is "WOW"! I love this scent!! Smells incredible! I'm tempted to buy another one since it's a limited run. I'm saving this bad boy for special occasions. Soap performs just as awesome as you'd expect from Strop Shoppe, but this scent has made it my new favorite from this company. I highly recommend it! The tallow and lanolin together are fantastic; I could have easily skipped aftershave and been ok in the moisture department.

Our limited edition line is based on our tallow Special Edition formula to provide the ultimate in performance. These special run soaps will only be available for a limited amount of time.
Alpine Frost brings up images of hiking mountain forrest trails during the first cold of winter. Ylang Ylang, cypress, hints of pine and winter spices mingle over hints of fresh mountain breezes.
This is our second limited edition featuring the luxurious skincare and protection properties of lanolin.
These limited edition products are approximately 4 ounces of product in a durable double walled plastic tub.
Ingredients : Stearic Acid, Tallow, Glycerin, Coconut Oil, Cocoa Butter, Shea Butter, Fragrance.
Saponifying agents : Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Hydroxide.

Tallow SS is the best there is, I am a huge fan, Baker St and Black Tie intoxicate me. Don't just say incredible give us more insight to the scent of AF. :001_smile

I know it sounds cheesy, but it really smells just like the name. It smells like a cold winter forrest morning. Hints of pine and cypress. But not pinesol heavy scent. Just a touch. It's got a slight "cold air" smell to it, but there is no discernible menthol (no proraso tingle). There is no one overpowering part to it. It all blends together perfectly and really does smell like the name :)

It showed out of stock the first time I tried to order it. I emailed them and they said they had some and updated the website to let me order. Try shooting them a mail.....

Cool thanks, that works. I have a lot of soap so I will enjoy 5 SS tubs I have. The black tie bar soap when you can get it is amazing to shower with.

I know it sounds cheesy, but it really smells just like the name. It smells like a cold winter forrest morning. Hints of pine and cypress. But not pinesol heavy scent. Just a touch. It's got a slight "cold air" smell to it, but there is no discernible menthol (no proraso tingle). There is no one overpowering part to it. It all blends together perfectly and really does smell like the name :)

This is a great product but does not have the ordering, fulfillment & customer service support it needs. Lengthy ship times and poor/no communication issues persist at SS - and that's a shame.

Maybe I'm lucky..... But they have responded to my emails within hours. My product shipped the next business day after I ordered it.

This is a great product but does not have the ordering, fulfillment & customer service support it needs. Lengthy ship times and poor/no communication issues persist at SS - and that's a shame.

Yeah that is rare for SS, they can take a while and not all products are available but it is all worth the wait, there is really nothing out there with Shea and cocoa butter with incredible scents.

Sometime you have to accept that artisians are not always the best business people and more likely they are not making a living selling shave soap. They need orders to build up a bit and make batches. We see this with Panna Cremma also.

Maybe I'm lucky..... But they have responded to my emails within hours. My product shipped the next business day after I ordered it.

Just selecting a soap for my next shave, and I find myself gravitating towards it. I've been on a Stirling kick as of late (with Tabac and DRH Windsor getting some face time as well) but this is becoming quite addictive and I will say this is my new favorite.

I got the second to last one. Was about to take two but didn't want to be a pig. Cornering the market on thier stuff lately.

Last edited:
Just got this note back from Strop Shoppe:001_tt1:

"Good news! We are planning another small batch run of Alpine Frost as soon as we fulfill our pre-planned schedule of soaps. I do not have an ETA on this, so keep your eye on the website!"

Really thinking about picking up a Strop Shoppe soap after reading threads like this. Which scent is better: Alpine Frost or Black Tie?

Also, can you only purchase these through their own website, or does a vendor carry them?

I have seen vendors carry them. I *think* menessentials does. But considering this is a limited run they might not get it.

I do like Black Tie, but for me this scent is more unique and I would pick this over Black Tie....... IMHO.

I've got Blaze, Black Tie, and Baker Street, all special edition with tallow, cocoa and shea butter.

All of them smell wonderful. I've only used the Baker Street so far but it's an easy top 5 soap for me.

Top Bottom