What's new

Strop on heater

Hello! I think that might be my first post...

I am Michael from Greece and I have been shaving with SR about two years now. I have searched The Who internet and couldn’t find an answer...

At the moment I keep my strops hanging on the bathroom central heating radiator, that includes a Kanayama 30000 and a straight razor designs.

Will the heat destroy them (make them really dry?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tony Miller

Speaking of horse butts…
I would not store any leather products close to heat if at all possible. It will dry them over time.

I see... I assumed that heat for two or three times a day would balance the moisture of the bathroom.. seems bad idea then.

Is there a particular reason that you hang your strops on the radiator or is it just for convenience? I would be afraid it would dry out the leather is what I'm thinking. I would say it is a bad idea.

Mike

Is just convenient... I don’t need to convince my wife for a new hook in the bathroom! [emoji4]

If your heating unit is a steam or water filled radiator, leaving your strop nearby may not be as damaging as placing it near the vent of of a forced are furnace duct. However, placing it near any heating (or cooling) source is not ideal.

Its a water filled one. I ll try to find a better place. Seems that a lot think that is a bad idea. Thanks for all the replies!

F

ffourteen

Don’t put leather near a heater (look up any guide for how to dry leather shoes…). I also wouldn’t keep the strops in the bathroom; put them somewhere with a more stable environment. Fluctuations in humidity are harmful to leather as well.

Though have them elsewhere in the house is not convenient at all. But I see that it comes with a cost..

Top Bottom