What's new

Strop Hanging Height

I"m not sure I'm buying that 29 degree math either. the charts look pretty, but I'm not referring it to my engineering section to verify if those numbers are fuzzy or well shaven.

Sounds like you are challenging my bona fides.

Rest assured that the preceding simulation based on the Adams-Hopkins formula was applied with the same academic rigor as my seminal work on the Turbo Encabulator, and the more recent breakthrough innovation, the Retro Encabulator.

Last edited:
Sounds like you are challenging my bona fides.

Rest assured that the preceding simulation based on the Adams-Hopkins formula was applied with the same academic rigor as my seminal work on the Turbo Encabulator, and the more recent breakthrough innovation, the Retro Encabulator.

well... I’ve heard bout that Adams-Hopkins flibbery gibbery

I used to fasten my strop to the bathroom towel bar using a loop of thick cord. Between uses, the cord can easily be removed from the towel bar without having to contend with knots. The strop is used horizontal from about navel height. I now place my strops flat on the sink top counter for stropping. I prefer 3 inch width strops so x stroking is not needed. I try to keep the sound and feeling the same from both directions. If I detect any grittiness or different sounds when stropping, I try wiping the blade and strop with a dry clean towel. This usually restores expected stropping performance. I usually do 20 passes on the fabric then 40 passes on the unpasted leather before and after shaving. I test my edge by tree topping some chest hair. If shave ready, I give the razor an additional 10 - 20 passes on the leather before shaving or placing the razor in storage. I leave nothing in the bathroom. Razors are stored in my dry bedroom and strops are stored hanging vertically from nails in my kitchen closet. I have had no issues with cupping strops.

Top Bottom