What's new

STRONGEST scented soap?

Do you prefer a soap with a STRONG scent or a LIGHT one?

• Total voters
Was tempted to start this thread after being disappointed by a nearly SCENTLESS soap - what, in your opinion, is the STRONGEST scented soap out there, irrespective of whether you like it or not?

Thanks for sharing! 😎💈

Strongest smelling soap I currently have is HSSC Eclipse. It's a strange and different smell to me off the puck and I'm not sure I actually like it. It's almost too much going on. I will get around to actually trying it one day.

As for preference to using a mild scented soap or heavily scented, I'm for somewhere near the middle bottom in scent. I tend to rinse to soap off completely anyway and use a balm or aftershave for the scent throughout the day anyway.

I believe you are asking about the scent added to the base.
I have been trying a few soaps lately from old standbys to ultra high ends (thanks for samples!!). The scents added were all soft Some fade away quickly, others last a few hours.
What I have found is the “scent” (not what my wife calls it) of the base for all becomes overpowering. It is very apparent in the bathroom after shaving and soon over comes the bathroom into the bedroom and farther.
As a long time cream shaver I am surprised. Is this normal?
(Sorry about hacking, thought this fit).

...As a long time cream shaver I am surprised. Is this normal?
(Sorry about hacking, thought this fit).
This depends on the soap formula and age. The original purpose of scent was just to mask the smell of the ingredients with something more pleasant.

Soaps made from vegetable oils tend to have a milder scent to the base. Soaps that have a lot of superfats added can go rancid over time.

Top Bottom