What's new

Strongest Citrus scent?

I love citrus, but often they can be kinda weak to medium scent strength, or they dissipate over time. What's the strongest citrus scent that you have tried?

I love citrus, but often they can be kinda weak to medium scent strength, or they dissipate over time. What's the strongest citrus scent that you have tried?
My (current) top favorite soap is TFS Mandarino Tachibana from their "intense line." It's the strongest citrus scented soap that I've used and took a bit of getting used to.

Combined with their matching aftershave it's a total citrus knockout. I only use their ASL on "special" occasions. I normally use "home made" aftershaves that pack a menthol punch, but not too much of a scent punch, along with the soap.

This was today's SOTD:
SOTD-L-Y_2021-07-23.jpg

Scent wise, citruses do tend to be the fastest dissipating of them all (I believe).

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
The only citrus soap I have that could even be entered into this thread is Black Ship Grooming Thomas Tew...from their website...a bright blend of Oranges, Blood Oranges, lemons and dark amber all lightly surrounded by Sandalwood.

Tcheon Fung Sing "Rasozero" "Agrumella" if you're going for out-and-out lemon.

Honourable mention for Wickham's "Citrus Musk", but it's a s much musk as it is citrus.

If you like strong citrus, you might like Uplift by The Sudsy Soapery. I combines the scents of lemon, lemongrass, and May Chang//Litsea Cubeba. It is a potent combination.

Although I loved the scent, it was too much for my skin. It started to burn as soon as the lather touched my face. Hopefully, your face will be less sensitive. Although I love the aroma of citrus scents, I have to be careful with lemon, lime, and grapefruit scents. I do just fine with the orange type citrus scents like orange, mandarin, bergamot, and neroli.

Sirling Margaritas i nthe Arctic has a strong lime scent really awesome. I love it.
If you like citronella... then try the Stirling electric sheep, i won the aftershave and it so strong my whole den was smelling like citronella for days when i used the aftershave.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
+1 for Mike's Lime and Castle Forbes Lime

Also, limited run(s) but Jabonman (Eufros) Mediterraneo is a full on citrus blast, and a great performer.

Screen Shot 2021-07-29 at 2.25.52 PM.png

Top Bottom