What's new

Strong Leopard Shavette With Antelope Blades

Gents I thought of making a video on the Super 77 Blades with a compatible shavette. If you like to check that, visit Youtube-> "Joy Shaving" channel. I am going to put more such videos.

Keep up the good shaves

Gents I thought of making a video on the Super 77 Blades with a compatible shavette. If you like to check that, visit Youtube-> "Joy Shaving" channel. I am going to put more such videos.

Keep up the good shaves
Excellent! This is such a great way of shaving it deserves to be publicised.

Yes, I have this one (or very similar) that I bought on ebay.
I liked it with the included Cloud blades that were quite nice for me. When these were used up I purchased some "Feather Cut" blades (also on ebay) but unfortunately these blades are nowhere near as sharp as the Cloud ones the holder came with.

So I have not used it a lot since...

I just acquired this Tondeo Sifter Stye - just like the Dovo Shavette you can easily modify the insert so that it will accept the Chinese 77 long blades as well as the Dovo/Tondeo cabinet blades.
You just carefully slice off the central blade retaining nub inside the head and the two remaining outer nubs will then accept and hold secure both the Chinese and German long blades.
31196FDA-538D-4108-8EA5-B9680A128EA1.jpeg

The Sifter Style is a beautiful thing and addresses all my issues with a lot of the other cabinet blade razors.
It’s beautifully made, has substantial resin scales, weighs 30g, has excellent balance and it’s really good looking.
Just about perfect!
2C018925-42CF-4FDA-9E26-622855C3A955.jpeg

Yes My friend , I have shaved with it and its good in a way. Coincidentally I have made a video on the same and you can check that out on Youtube - > Joy shaving. The title of the video is "Cloud Hair Shaper Shavette | Cloud Blades | Shave and Review"

Best Regards,
Joy Shaving
***Keep up the good shaves***

Yes My friend , I have shaved with it and its good in a way. Coincidentally I have made a video on the same and you can check that out on Youtube - > Joy shaving. The title of the video is "Cloud Hair Shaper Shavette | Cloud Blades | Shave and Review"

Best Regards,
Joy Shaving
***Keep up the good shaves***
Good video! It’s inspired me to try out this razor.
In it I notice you don’t do much skin stretching but you do puff up your cheeks to get the same effect.

I might try this.

Yes, I have this one (or very similar) that I bought on ebay.
I liked it with the included Cloud blades that were quite nice for me. When these were used up I purchased some "Feather Cut" blades (also on ebay) but unfortunately these blades are nowhere near as sharp as the Cloud ones the holder came with.

So I have not used it a lot since...
I guess how these blades perform has a lot to do with individual skin chemistry and water hardness etc.
I just used a Feather Cut blade and found it to be excellent so very much YMMV...
... seems like it’s a similar case with the Chinese Cabinet blades - there are widely differing reports about the Antelope 77 blades.
They’re all so cheap and easily available that it’s definitely worth experimenting to find which ones suit you.

I guess how these blades perform has a lot to do with individual skin chemistry and water hardness etc.
I just used a Feather Cut blade and found it to be excellent so very much YMMV...
... seems like it’s a similar case with the Chinese Cabinet blades - there are widely differing reports about the Antelope 77 blades.
They’re all so cheap and easily available that it’s definitely worth experimenting to find which ones suit you.

Well, I found the Cloud blades on Aliexpress and am waiting for the slow boat from China to arrive...
Btw - because of all the rave about the "Strong Leopard" I also bought one :=) It came with Cloud blades although Antelope 77 were pictured. I have to say I like it. Blade exposure looks a bit scary at first but due to the geometry of the blade holder I find is actually rather mild and I have to use an angle that would wreck my face with the Focus AL...

These chinese shavettes really are fun - for a lot less bucks than a few replacement carts for a fusion...

br,
Tom

Good video! It’s inspired me to try out this razor.
In it I notice you don’t do much skin stretching but you do puff up your cheeks to get the same effect.

I might try this.

Thanks for Checking out the video!, I would suggest using the skin stretching method, it helps quite a lot. Puffing my cheeks does the kind of same effect. In case if a blade feels a bit rough, I highly recommend using a preshave oil, it really helps.

Anyone hear about this product ? Or got one yet?
Just found it in Aliexpress. The blades looks interesting!!
Here is the product link.
HTB1PyTwewn.PuJjSZFkq6A_lpXal.jpg

The Strong Leopard 77 was on deck this evening here in Devon with a Jishi cabinet blade.
Weighty and formidable.

Big razor, big blade, big shave!
3F9D1307-6D83-42EB-847C-82818E1A126E.jpeg

Here are some AliExpress links in case someone is interested.

Antelope blades: store1 store2

Cloud blades: uncoated platinum

Jishi blades: full size half size

Slicke: half size

It's going to take a while to try these out and compare sharpness, longevity, etc.

Oh, and here are some links to shavettes that take those blades:
style1 style2 style3

Very useful links as I couldn't find them via the search option. Unfortunately, the ivory one (style1) is sold out. Does style2 from the above link shave the same? The prices are just unbelievable!

Sent from my mobile phone.

I wanted to like the Strong Leopard, but it wasn't meant to be. Cheap junk, and I learned my lesson: I now have a Feather with far superior build quality and performance. Buy once, cry once.

I totally understand chasing that "perfect deal,' but this is one particular chase I've tapped out of.

Thanks for Checking out the video!, I would suggest using the skin stretching method, it helps quite a lot. Puffing my cheeks does the kind of same effect. In case if a blade feels a bit rough, I highly recommend using a preshave oil, it really helps.
I watched some of your shaving videos, and enjoyed it. Keep up the good work!
Your shaving soap review prompted me to order two of the Pink Woolf shaving products, OUDH & Sandalwood shaving cream and Oceanic Blue shaving soap. A bit pricey to get it delivered to the UK, but as those things go it will last a long time. Looking forward to trying it!

Top Bottom