What's new

Strategies for the neck?

Most of my neck hair is straight-up east to west. Probably the worst situation there is for SR shaving. I've had some luck lately with gillette moves, and my shaves are much better, but a BBS neck is an impossible dream. Unless I don't feel the hairs in the horizontal direction, in which case I have it nailed.

Most of my neck hair is straight-up east to west. Probably the worst situation there is for SR shaving. I've had some luck lately with gillette moves, and my shaves are much better, but a BBS neck is an impossible dream. Unless I don't feel the hairs in the horizontal direction, in which case I have it nailed.

Interestingly, I find the Gillette slide to be natural for me when shaving my neck. My hand just likes to pull a bit to the side.

I have done the Gillette slide on my neck. Will have to try the J-hook. I’ve also done buffing on my upper lip but this is the first time I’ve seen a video of it, so that really helps!

Pay a little more attention to the preshave of that particular area. Use a hot wet towel on it focally. After some lather has been applied. After your regular overall preshave bit. Makes the razor work sooooo much better. Hth

I don't know if anyone is still following this thread but my wiskers grow in the same direction on the neck from the center towards the ear and I have found using a rotation motion kind of like turning a door knob or drawing a circle. I can usually cover the area with two or three of these motions starting under the jaw and swiping down and around. I also should add that shorter razors make this easier the newer Dovo shorty I think they have three different model out now work really well for this area but it can also be done with a standard length razor.

I just realized SilverSteel mention the same thing.

Top Bottom