What's new

Strangest Soap/Cream Scents

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I don't think he makes it any longer (for obvious reasons) but my worst was GD amber and oud. Two of my favorite scents, but this soap smelled too much like a barnyard and too little of anything pleasant.

Catie's Bubbles Tactical Support. Gun oil & solvent. Not an everyday soap, but great when you want a very manly smell. I missed out on the matching splash.

Your wife needs to get a job describing scents. LOL

What's funny to me is that when I bought Tabac, she loved it. In fact, she demanded that year that I buy a big jug for each of my two adult boys for Christmas. I did. I'm pretty sure that when I'm running low on Tabac, both of them will be more than happy to re-gift them back to me...

WK Tempest for me. Just horrifically bad. It smelled like a hose had been left out in the summer sun until it mildewed. If you poured the water out of that hose, that was the smell of tempest -- nasty rubber, mildew and all.

The other is WK Monaco Royale. There's something good smelling in there, it just rides on the base notes of throw up. I get the acidic, nasty smell of puke and it just cancels out everything else.

I've used some other weird smelling things, but those 2 were the weirdest and worst. If aftershaves can be included, the veg would have to be up there. Floral morphing into rotting garbage over the course of 10 minutes was quite the ride for the 1 and only time I ever tried it. My kids still remember that day and joke about how we all got nauseous smelling rotting garbage while I scrubbed and scrubbed trying to get the stench off to no avail.

Some B&M scents are not for me. I enjoy the base but the scents of Night Music and the devil thing (forgot the exact name) are not my favorites.

I do enjoy Hollows even though it is also in avant garde territory.

I'd also add PAA's navy goat and 1k. Navy is kind of all over the place, 1k is just licorice.

Stirling's gentleman is also a bit too heavy on the tobacco for me, and I also find the scent to be oily if that makes sense. Still a big fan of their soap bases but these scents did not jive well with me as much.

WK Tempest - Had to sell it after the first sniff. Felt like I had buried my nose in the armpit of mother earth after a bad day. The only scent I can imagine being worse is a manure scented soap.

The other is WK Monaco Royale. There's something good smelling in there, it just rides on the base notes of throw up. I get the acidic, nasty smell of puke and it just cancels out everything else.

Interesting. I get those same puke notes in WK Jamestown Gentlemen.

BTW, I want to add Shannon's Soaps "Lit" to my weird scents. It smells like old rain water mixed with orange flower water. Like a Ramos Gin fizz next to vegetation puddle. I kind of like it. :lol:

Humpreys Handmade.png

TOXIC ZOMBIE FARTS
Glow in the Dark Glycerin Argan Oil Vanilla

Would be awesome if the lather glowed, and wasn't glycerin based.​

I was excited to get my tub of Chiseled Face Ghost Town Barber. That is, excited until I opened it. Smells like Ghost Town Barber Shop ash tray, unfortunately. Used twice, can't mask the scent with anything. A total bust.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
There's a soap based on Hoppe's No.9 gun cleaning solvent ...

Also a few bacon-scent based soaps, I think.

AA

Shaver Heaven Fresh Ginger - love
B&M Nocturne - kind of apple & smoke before lather, lathers more like Lapsang Souchong
Van Yulay mint julep

L&L Grooming: The Final Frontier - "a recreation of the smell of space as described by the brave men and women who have experienced it. The scent is based around seared beef, spent gunpowder, brake pads, and a hint of ozone."

I liked the scent but not something I would use everyday. However, it burned quite a bit for me.

I just got a sample of Chiseled Face - Sherlock.
I haven't lathered it up yet but my initial impression is "Old Dank Musty Basement"
It's supposed to have a dirt smell to it so...
I think there's another Sherlock that's more of a leather, whiskey scent, which is what I thought this one was.

I was excited to get my tub of Chiseled Face Ghost Town Barber. That is, excited until I opened it. Smells like Ghost Town Barber Shop ash tray, unfortunately. Used twice, can't mask the scent with anything. A total bust.
This is interesting. Scents are so YMMV. For a lot of guys, this is one of their all-time favorite scents. I got a sample of it and quite liked it; not enough to buy a tub of it, but mostly because I didn't think the performance of the soap was elite level. The scent I found quite pleasant.

B&M Night Music was the absolute most disgusting scent I have ever come across.

It smells like an animal took a dump in a field of flowers.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Hmm, very interesting. As someone that uses birch tar soap as shampoo in the morning and to wash my face in the evening, and has several vetyver heavy colognes, this sounds like something I should look into. :001_rolle
That's what I love about fragrances, everyone's tastes vary so wildly!
Amazing

I shampoo and shower with pine tar soap. I still miss coal tar soap though. Tar soaps are the best shampoo ever!

I don’t know what so many guys have against Stirling’s Electric Sheep. I think it’s very nice. But that’s me.

Rick

B&M Night Music was the absolute most disgusting scent I have ever come across.

It smells like an animal took a dump in a field of flowers.

I was checking my old stock of soaps last night and had a sniff of this soap... Man is it potent..

Top Bottom