What's new

FS Straights, Gems and Gillettes Oh My!

Thinning out the herd. I just have to much and it gives me agita.

The straights are all probably near shave ready. They need at least a good stropping, and a pasted strop wouldn't hurt. Some of them may need more. I just don't know much about straights. Did I mention I don't know much about straights. Most of them are probably good candidates for a beginner, or someone looking to learn how to hone without breaking the bank.

Payment is through PayPal. Please add $3 for shipping. If you purchase more than 3 items, shipping is included. CONUS only.
I have included some photos of measurements using an inexpenisive digital caliper. I don't know how accurate, and I measured using the top of the spine to the blade. I tried not to touch the cutting edge.

As for shipping, I really cannot make 20 different trips to the post office. I am going to the post office this Saturday. If you purchase something before then, I will get it shipped out this Saturday morning. I will be able to get to the post office next week, I just don't know the day. It may not be until later in the week.

If you have any questions, please ask. Again, I do not know much about straights, but I can try and answer your questions. I like to think of this as a gentlemenly forum. Please, if you see one of my prices is off, either to high or to low (as I don't know much about straights, I may not know what I have) please let me know. A PM would be fine if you don't want to put in the comments.

I am not interested in any trades. I am only interested in cash money. Now, on to the goods.

1. Genco Tubak. $20.
IMG_1577.jpg
IMG_1578.jpg
IMG_1579.jpg
IMG_1581.jpg

2. Almond $70 - this is in really nice shape. I believe it is a Kamisori style razor, though it is a foldable. I wanted to shave with this one, but didn't have the cojones to put it to a stone so I left it alone.
IMG_1590.jpg
IMG_1591.jpg
IMG_1592.jpg
IMG_1593.jpg

3. The Favorite Worthington. This definitely has replaced scales. They are a little biggish for the blade, but the spine acts as a stop. - $20
IMG_1594.jpg
IMG_1595.jpg

Last edited:
9. The Barber's Delight. -$20
IMG_1615.jpg
IMG_1616.jpg
IMG_1617.jpg

10. Worcester Extra Hollow Ground -$18
IMG_1618.jpg
IMG_1619.jpg
IMG_1620.jpg

11. Cased Gem MMOC - $35. This is a VERY nice razor. Opens and closes as smooth as butter. Looks real nice as well. Case is in great shape.
IMG_1589.jpg
IMG_1587.jpg

12. Cased Gem Clog Proof. This is not as nice as the MMOC above, but still in good shape. It opens smooth, but there is a bit of tightness when it closes. Dont get me wrong, it still closes fine and even, its just some tightness. Im not sure if a shot of ballistol will loosen it up, or soak in a Dawn dish soap bath will help. It is perfectly usable as is. I just want to fully disclose. $24
IMG_1586.jpg
IMG_1585.jpg

Last but not least, a Canadian Gillette New with a case. Im not sure if it is the correct case. There is some brassing, the handle has the typical little hairline fracture. But it is a good shaver. Teeth are straight. No major divots anywhere. I found it more aggressive than the U.S New, which is why it is being moved along. $22.
IMG_1584.jpg
IMG_1583.jpg

Again, please feel free to make an offer and let me know if I'm to high or low on any item, or if you have any questions or want any additional photos. Most of the straights are just nice beginner straights, either for a beginning shaver, or someone who wants to begin practicing honing without breaking the bank. Thanks for looking.

The Gold Dollar, the straight with the red scales and the Almond are sold.
Make an offer on the remaining straights, or the Gems or the Gillette, or all of them. Buy today, and they will be shipped out tomorrow.

Shumates, the extra hollow ground Worcester and the favorite are the only straights remaining. The MMOC is the only safety razor remaining. Make me an offer. If you buy tonight I ship tomorrow.

Top Bottom