What's new

Straights, DE, Hones, and more.

Straight Razors

- Wade & Butcher For Barbers Use, over 15/16 at its widest, horn scales with faux bone wedge. Tip was modified from a barbers notch to a Spanish point, so it’s one of a kind in that regard. See pic for scratches. I was decreasing the bevel angle on this one, which explains the hone wear. I bought it with a pretty thick bevel angle, but it should be more appropriate now. There is some pitting near the edge, but it has been honing out for me just fine so far. $210 shipped CONUS.
IMG_1637.jpgIMG_1638.jpgIMG_1634.jpgIMG_1636.jpg

- Thomas Turner & Co. 6/8 Blade for restoration. $18 shipped CONUS.
IMG_1615.jpgIMG_1616.jpg

- T. Hessenbruch Perfection Warranted, 11/16. Cool bear logo, this razor might need a little more than a polish to make it look great. Spine wear is what it is, but looks to sit quite flat on the stones. $17 shipped CONUS.
IMG_1619.jpgIMG_1620.jpg

- Unknown wedge, just over 5/8. Very old razor with horn scales. The maker's logo is not visible, but it does say "warranted". I believe someone wrote "Shilling" on the scales with maybe a "1-75" under that, it's hard to make out. $15 shipped CONUS.
IMG_1617.jpgIMG_1618.jpg

DE Razors

- Gillette #58 Coronation Razor, aluminum, with authentic original ad for this razor. Knob turns freely, could use a little polish if you want it to shine. The top right razor in the advertisement is this razor. Ad has a tear at the bottom left which has been taped on the backside. $65 shipped CONUS.
IMG_1601.jpgIMG_1599.jpgIMG_1604.jpgIMG_1602.jpgIMG_1598.jpg

- Gillette Ball End NEW Made in Canada. Comes in its case and paper box, the handle has a crack that I hear is possible to fix. The blade case has blades inside, I assume they are used. $35 shipped CONUS.
IMG_1628.jpgIMG_1630.jpgIMG_1629.jpg

DE Razors continued

- Gillette Flare Tip Rocket Made in England. Has the II symbol underneath the head and the patent number inside the head. Knob turns smoothly. $18 shipped CONUS
IMG_1607.jpgIMG_1605.jpgIMG_1606.jpgIMG_1609.jpg

- Gillette Red Tip Superspeed Made in USA. As found condition, needs cleaning. Knob turns smoothly. $12 shipped CONUS
IMG_1627.jpgIMG_1624.jpgIMG_1625.jpgIMG_1626.jpg

Razor Hones

- Les Latneuses rectangle in the 175 x 40 class (actual dimensions vary slightly). Acquired it as a vintage stone, and has a faded Made in Belgium stamp on the side.

Yellow side: Typical coffee with cream color, fast. The lines on the surface do not affect the edge, though from what I remember they can be felt as an inconsistency ever so slightly. It's probably some hybrid poking its way through. Excellent engaging edges. The dimensions are more precisely 177 x just over 40 mm.

Hybrid side: Hard, fast with DMT slurry, slow on water. It eventually gets that magnet effect on water only, and after figuring it out I've gotten excellent sharp yet mellow edges on this side. There is a divot on one side that is around 10mm max wide and about 18mm long, tapering in width to just a few mm. Since it is a divot, I haven't found it to affect my honing stroke. It's easy enough to avoid as well. There is also a redder area next to that divot which I avoid, small and right at the end of the hone. *See pics*

Thickness is 9-10mm, which from my experience is usable in hand, but I'm also including a quite usable and attractive piece of maroon colored Lorraine/Rouge du Salm to glue up whichever side you choose. Very small chip on one corner, and what feels like a 1/10mm shallow area that would be on the glued side anyways. *See pics* This backing is 173 x 40, has gorgeous white lines, and cuts faster than my BBW but slower than my coticules.

$155 shipped CONUS, international folks we can talk
Hybrid Side 1.JPGLL RDS 3.jpgLL RDS 1.jpgLL Stamp.jpgLL RDS 5.jpg

- Chinese Natural Hone, originally from Whipped Dog Straights. Commonly deemed 12k, a little under 2 x 4. $13 shipped CONUS.
IMG_1623.jpgIMG_1622.jpg

Misc.

Razor paddle with storage. This came straight from France with a Le Grelot razor inside, but I’m keeping the razor. Would look great restored. $15 shipped CONUS.
IMG_1631.jpgIMG_1632.jpgIMG_1633.jpg

Another Hone!

Coticule Natural Combo 5 x 2.5"
Hard and fine, very fast when used with my chisels. Reminds me of some Old Rock types that I've seen.
$110 shipped CONUS.
IMG_1641.jpgIMG_1643.jpg

Jones Bros. & Co. #806 Vintage Linen Strop. A few dark spots and a little wax underneath one area of the stropping surface that feels like it’s ever so slightly raised, but has not affected any of my razor’s edges in my experience. You could even clean that out with hot water if you really wanted to. Oxicleaned several times before I started using it so it was sterile. No hardware included, just the linen. 22.75” long x 2.5” wide.
$35 shipped CONUS

6AF3C5DF-4166-4EF8-85BC-28DDEB9B1D79.jpeg

Still available:

Wade & Butcher For Barbers Use straight
T. Hessenbruch straight
Gillette #58 Coronation razor with matching advertisement
Gillette Flare Tip Rocket
Gillette Ball End NEW with case and box
Chinese 12k hone
Jones Bros. Linen Strop

A couple of price drops:

W&B For Barbers Use $200