What's new

FS Straights: CV Heljestrand Mk 31 & 32 & 33 (Rare Scales), Henkotsu Kamisori & Henckels Straight

Hi everyone, I am trying to clean up my razor collection after finally finding my heirloom pieces. Some of these razors could use a little restoration but will clean up to beautiful pieces. As you can probably see from below, I have a thing for Swedish razors and originally planned to have most of these restored but have realized I don’t need that many and have chosen a few to keep. I will try to describe as best I can and will happily provide more pictures upon request. The measurements all aim towards the lower measurement as many of these are in between sizes but not quite at the large size and I don’t have a caliper for measurement so they may be slightly larger than listed but not smaller. All prices include shipping CONUS and fees though PayPal Goods & Services. I have been out of the market for a while so if they are wildly off please let me know and I can adjust. I will also entertain all reasonable offers.

Part 1:

1. CV Heljestrand MK32 – Natural Scales – 6/8’s
This razor is in great shape and would require little to bring to a full polish. No rust at all. The scales were replaced with natural scales which are slightly thicker and larger than the original ones from the razor. This should make them a little more durable as the originals tend to crack at the pins. Shave ready to my standards.
Price: $250
tempImageliZcM5.jpg

tempImageyNe33A.jpg

2. CV Heljestrand MK32 – Natural Scales – 6/8’s
This razor can be used in its current state if desired but I had always planned on having it restored. It has some light rust and tarnish on it but nothing major. It still has its original natural scales which have a crack at the bottom pin. The crack has not worsened in the time that I have had it and I would say it is pretty stable. Very little spine wear on this razor as it seems like it was used very little and put in storage.
Price: $175
tempImage0m2755.jpg

tempImagedAckEL.jpg

3. CV Heljestrand MK32 – Natural Scales – 6/8’s
This razor would really benefit from a good restoration as it has some deeper rust on the spine. The edge is very clean but also not shave ready. This can be made shave ready if you would like but I do think the spine should be taken care of first. Original scales on this one as well with the same crack at the bottom pin as above. It seems very stable and although the rust on the spine would probably never allow this razor to be truly flawless, it can be restored to a beautiful razor and a true heirloom piece.
Price: $150
tempImage783Nso.jpg

tempImagejxqLst.jpg

4. CV Heljestrand MK31 – Natural Scales – 5/8’s
This razor could also use a restoration and FWIW 2 of my keeper are MK31’s (one Ivory, one tortoise). The color of these scales are truly beautiful and the plastic replicas on modern razors cannot compare to the real thing. The razor is in decent shape with no major rust and little spine wear. The scales are rare and these are in decent shape with no major chunks missing. This razor will clean up to a rare example of excellence from the past and if I didn’t have another one already, this would be staying. Not shave ready.
Price: $175
tempImageFAMEn0.jpg

tempImageGnpUGf.jpg

5. CV Heljestrand MK31 – Natural Scales – 5/8’s
This razor is in a bit rougher shape than above. It has more surface rust and the scales are a little worse for wear. They still have the rare and beautiful color but have some small chunks missing on the front scales. The razor has very little spine wear and measures just about 11/16’s but I listed at 5/8’s to be safe. It would still clean up very nicely but not quite perfect. Not shave ready.
Price: $140
tempImagev7gcNJ.jpg

tempImageWspRjO.jpg

Thank you for looking Part 2 to follow.

Last edited:
Part 2:

6. CV Heljestrand MK33 – Plastic Scales – 13/16’s
This razor is in great shape and very heavy compared to the smaller Heljestrands above. This one has a little more spinewear than the others but has plenty of life left. Very few spots or tarnish on the blade and would clean up very nicely if you wanted it restored. . Plastic scales made to look like the real thing but a simple rescale would make this one a very special razor. The larger MK models tend to be more rare than their smaller counterparts. This one will be shave ready to my standards
Price: $165
tempImageyTd3n6.jpg

tempImageLKZFwe.jpg

7. Henkotsu Kamisori – 15/16’s which tapers to 7/8’s at the heel
This one is definitely an acquired taste and if you like Kamisori’s this one is great but it may not be for everyone. Vintage Japanese steel and an asymmetrical grind. This razor took possibly the sharpest edge I’ve ever put on a razor and the shave was excellent. Shaving with the Kamisori is a little more demanding when it comes to angels as the razor should really only be held in one direction. They were originally made for a barber to shave you but you can shave yourself. This one is a statement and always gets a look when I take it out for use. No rust at all and very easy to maintain as the Japanese steel is very hard and you can dry the razor completely because it doesn’t have a pivot. Shave ready to my standards
Price: $250
tempImageT0ACjU.jpg

tempImageotqrDQ.jpg

8. J.A. Henckels – Plastic Scales and Spine work – 6/8’s
One of the few razor companies that are still around today and still making excellent kitchen knives. This a true vintage Solingen steel with some very nice decorative spine work. Has a little bit of surface rust and dirt by the pivot pin. Has plastic scales with the logo inlaid which are in great shape but can always be replaced if you prefer natural materials. Some nice horn scales would look great against the spine work. I would call this a full hollow grind. Shave ready to my standards.
Price: $150
tempImagem88ApN.jpg

tempImagePxlTHJ.jpg

tempImageqILX4V.jpg

9. Vintage Clark and Osborn Stub tail – 6/8’s with a slight smile to the blade
This would be a great restoration if you like vintage razors as this one is very old. Pretty much a full wedge on this one too and the blade is nice and heavy. I bought it with the intention to restore but never got around to it. I think I have the original scales somewhere but they aren’t in the best shape.
Price $50
tempImage6opEgT.jpg

tempImagetwMy8J.jpg

10. JR Torrey Celebrated Hollow Ground – Just about 5/8’s with a little smile.

This razor needs to be restored. The blade is pretty free from rust but has a good amount of wear and a small nick between the heel and halfway way point of the blade. It’s kinda small and pretty wedge like. I would say ¾ wedge. It would probably make a great shaver once its restored but I don’t have the time. I think it originally came in a razor lot that I purchased on eBay without scales. It would be a great razor for a first time restorer.
Price $20
tempImage53e5yb.jpg

Thanks for looking.

I'm having trouble editing the post but
6. CV Heljestrand MK33 – Plastic Scales – 13/16’s - SOLD

Top Bottom