What's new

Straight Top cap

I was wondering if there are any other razors with a top cap that does not bend the blade as much - like the R41 or Rapira Platinum Lux???

Those kinds seems to work the best for me....

I have a tech and i dont think that it is of the design i speak off...
Okay, now I am confused. I didn't think a truly flat top cap exists in DE variety. Someone may prove me wrong. The single edge razors maybe what you were thinking of. There are a few of those that don't bend the blade.

Okay, now I am confused. I didn't think a truly flat top cap exists in DE variety. Someone may prove me wrong. The single edge razors maybe what you were thinking of. There are a few of those that don't bend the blade.

No not a truly flat top cap, just one that does not bend the blade as much as most de´s do

I have one, the one in the middle, it's an unknown German razor. I found it in the wild a little over a year ago, tried to find some information on it but never did. Sorry, I guess I'm not much help.

20171016_194118.jpg

I have a Star 3-piece razor that I just picked up. (only used it once, but the shave seems very similar to a Tech I think.) The blade does have a bend to it, but is probably the flattest I've got in my collection.

I'll try to remember to post a picture of it.

I have a Star 3-piece razor that I just picked up. (only used it once, but the shave seems very similar to a Tech I think.) The blade does have a bend to it, but is probably the flattest I've got in my collection.

okay cool... the tech has a standart bend imo

I have seen (but do not own) some vintage french razors that are flat cap. They do not bent the blade, at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, I had forgotten to get a picture of it with a good clear shot of the head, but you can see in my picture here that it's definitely less bend than most:
IMG_20171026_085731.jpg

Top Bottom