What's new

Straight Shave in Florence (maybe Venice)

Hi,

I saw a few posts of people saying they had the best shave of their lives in Italy. They were pretty old so a reply to that particular thread seemed foolish. I was looking for a recommendation of a barber shop here in Florence (I'm here for 3 more days) or Venice (I'll be there for the following 3.) They certainly do sell Proraso everything at just about every Pharmacy and Perfume Shop I've seen. The Shave soap is 2 euro or so, the gel is 1.5.

Thanks,

I had a SE shave in Florence on a recent holiday. It's THE reason why I am now a DE shaver and why I love Proraso. The smell takes me back to that very day.

Now for the directions (from memory and with assistance of google):

Its near Piazza Del Signoria. It's up a small side street off Via Vacchereccia. Google is not showing me side street name, but you can't miss the barbers pole on the main street mentioned above. If you can't find it, just ask someone around that area, they'll point you in the right direction.

Hope this helps.

That's impressive from memory. I did find the place, 5 euro, the guy had been doing it for over 35 years if my Italian skills are good enough to follow along. Thanks for the input.

Can't seem to find this place on Google Street View, anyone know the name? Would like to visit there next month while in Florence.

Top Bottom