What's new

Straight Razors, Mugs, Brushes, M&F Blonde, Vintage Simpsons, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Want a Mug/Soap dish? Shipping is flat $15.

Want anything else? Shipping is flat $5

US Only.

Left two are ceramic soap dishes. Perfect size for most ~3" soap pucks. $3 each.
Then an old German shaving mug. I believe it's handpainted. Has a sticker and some info on bottom. $12
Brand new Barbershop Mug $7
Old Spice Mug $5
Used Barbershop Mug $5

Brushes:

A vintage Klenzo handle I mailed to Lee Sabini and had reknotted in Blond Badger in 2010. As far as I can remember, this has never lost a hair and is an absolutely perfect example of the Blond Badger from that era. Really hurts to part with, but I just don't use it enough. Has a tiny split at the very top of the rubber that Lee filled for me when reknotting. Barely noticeable.
$175

Semogue BC Cerda (boar)
$25

Vintage EverReady 750 butterscotch reknotted with a Maggard or APshaveco (not sure) mixed knot. Measures about 25mm, I think it was sold as a 24mm.

$45

Handmade custom wood long-handled brush with TGN finest (24mm iirc) knot with a "pinch" built in to increase backbone. I forget the artist... Bullseye or Bulldog or something along those lines iirc... think he was a member here. Basically a big q-tip of finest hair. Lathers up a storm and tons of backbone... doesn't splay much at all. I've had this brush for a really, really long time. The finish scuffed off almost immediately when I got it (that's the grey you see on the left near the knot in the picture and at the base of the handle). I think it was likely just a wax finish and probably just needs to be reapplied. I think I paid ~$75-100 new and it was worth it... but I stopped bowl lathering years ago, and this brush was made for that, not face lathering.

$40

Some vintage handle someone reknotted with what appears to be a TGN finest knot. Got it in a lot.

$10

Vintage Simpson AS3, original knot. It's that beautiful crazy soft golden badger hair you only see in vintage brushes.

$60

Vintage Simpson 56 with original knot... close but not quite 2 band

$45

Vintage Hoffritz (made by Simpson) 424 with original knot

$40

User grade Razors. All should be shave ready or very close. $8 each. Ask for them by number (roman numerals in red in picture, 1-9).

Possible trades:

Vintage soaps, Interesting vintage brush handles, APshaveco/Oumo Mixed hair knots, Some coticules,

Attachments

• IMG_2294.JPG
    IMG_2294.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 161
  • IMG_2295.JPG
    IMG_2295.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 149
  • IMG_2296.JPG
    IMG_2296.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 105
  • IMG_2297.JPG
    IMG_2297.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 107
  • IMG_2298.JPG
    IMG_2298.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 109
  • IMG_2299.JPG
    IMG_2299.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 116
  • IMG_2300.JPG
    IMG_2300.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 113
  • IMG_2301.JPG
    IMG_2301.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 157
  • IMG_2302.JPG
    IMG_2302.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 162
Last edited:
What's left is below. Rest is sold

Left two are ceramic soap dishes. Perfect size for most ~3" soap pucks. $3 each.
Then an old German shaving mug. I believe it's handpainted. Has a sticker and some info on bottom. $12
Brand new Barbershop Mug $7
Old Spice Mug $5
Used Barbershop Mug $5

Brushes:

A vintage Klenzo handle I mailed to Lee Sabini and had reknotted in Blond Badger in 2010. As far as I can remember, this has never lost a hair and is an absolutely perfect example of the Blond Badger from that era. Really hurts to part with, but I just don't use it enough. Has a tiny split at the very top of the rubber that Lee filled for me when reknotting. Barely noticeable.
$175

Vintage EverReady 750 butterscotch reknotted with a Maggard or APshaveco (not sure) mixed knot. Measures about 25mm, I think it was sold as a 24mm.

$45

Handmade custom wood long-handled brush with TGN finest (24mm iirc) knot with a "pinch" built in to increase backbone. I forget the artist... Bullseye or Bulldog or something along those lines iirc... think he was a member here. Basically a big q-tip of finest hair. Lathers up a storm and tons of backbone... doesn't splay much at all. I've had this brush for a really, really long time. The finish scuffed off almost immediately when I got it (that's the grey you see on the left near the knot in the picture and at the base of the handle). I think it was likely just a wax finish and probably just needs to be reapplied. I think I paid ~$75-100 new and it was worth it... but I stopped bowl lathering years ago, and this brush was made for that, not face lathering.

$40

Some vintage handle someone reknotted with what appears to be a TGN finest knot. Got it in a lot.

$10

Vintage Simpson AS3, original knot. It's that beautiful crazy soft golden badger hair you only see in vintage brushes.

$60

Vintage Hoffritz (made by Simpson) 424 with original knot

$40

More pictures of brushes as I've gotten several requests.

Going to close the thread after this weekend since all the straights are gone.

Attachments

• IMG_2307.JPG
    IMG_2307.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2308.JPG
    IMG_2308.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2309.JPG
    IMG_2309.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2310.JPG
    IMG_2310.JPG