What's new

Straight razor restoration video

Tried out the Maas last night and it works like magic! Still have just the tiniest little dark spot (diameter of a pin-head) on the blade, but I can live with it. The "monkey tail" (new word I just picked up) has been a little bit more of a challenge but I will watch the video again and see if I can't pick up some more technique. Thanks again for y'all's help, I can't wait to start shaving with these babies... "How poor are they that have not patience..."

RVG

If the MAAS does not remove the "stains" then try Fabulustre. Its available at lapidary supply stores.

Hope this helps,

reginald-van-gleason said:
Thanks Randy... I will give this Mass stuff a try... although my straights are fairly clean but do have a couple of "stains" or "discolorations" (not sure if those are the right words) that I am trying to remove.

RVG

First I am really enjoying this forum. Now for the post. I have a buffing system I built to bring those ebay oldies (nobody wants) back to a mirror finish with no damage to the blade whatsoever.

I bought a cheap grinder, took off the grinding wheels and use three different cloth wheels dedicated to three grits of polishing rouge.

You'll want to be careful using a rotary tool on a straight. The closer you get to the edge, the more it heats up, and it is possible to heat it up to point that it won't hold an edge.

Randy

I have found a safe way to hold a razor whenever I work on it. I use bar magnets on a metal surface and put the razor on the magnets so the edge is back from the edge of the magnets. So, the razor is held flat agaist the surface of the magnet with the edge and me protected, and I can work with two hands.

Joe, where do you get the bar magnets? Anyplace in the tri-state area? Thanks

Jordan

S

stuart wasserstrom

I can't open the video either, if I'm doing something wrong somebody let me know.

straight talk

Top Bottom