What's new

Straight razor pins

Can anyone point me in the direction of a place where you can get pins of different diameters. The ones I got from the invisible edge in the uk were about 1 mm in diameter and were far too thin. I am looking for something about 2-3 times that.

94534B01-168A-4100-885C-9D5778AFAA3E.jpeg
1/16 inch (1.6mm) is the standard pin size, I found some 1/8 (3.1mm) at the local hobby shop here in Australia. I found it to be way too big and looks out of proportion on most scales. For the look of a larger pin, I sometimes use stacked washers

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Take some oversized brass rod, chuck it in your drill, and use the drill as a lathe and some sandpaper to turn it down to the desired size. A brass bolt or screw can be used as the stock. But try microfasteners.com for different size bolts, washers, and nuts. Many times I have pinned with size "0" brass bolts. They work great for trial pinnings, and once you know you got it right, they are plenty soft enough to peen down.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a place where you can get pins of different diameters. The ones I got from the invisible edge in the uk were about 1 mm in diameter and were far too thin. I am looking for something about 2-3 times that.

Hi Sir what razor is it for, as I have some here that i got for a custom at 3mm pins but it's a big razor. As standard pin size for razors is 1.6mm.

Revisor sell spare parts incliding pins of different dimensions:
Start
Since it is in Solingen you wouldn't have to bother about added international fees.
I'd like to end with congratulate you Sir for finally having recovered after Lützen.

Thanks for the replies. That gives me something to work with. The razor is a Heljestrand. I have a pin which might fit. I just have to go to a DIY store to get one of those devices to accurately measure its diameter. I'll be in touch when I know more.

Hi those are normal at 1.6mm or 1/16th stainless steel, but they do have washers on them the two top razors are both Heljestrand a mk31 and a mk32. Both have a 1.6mm pin while the bottom one with the wood scales has a 3mm pin. all pins are peened over so they have a mushroom top that makes them look way bigger than they are....

20180402_215702.jpg

hope this helps..

Hello ice man. Do you know where I can purchase either the standard 1.6 mm pins? The hole in my razor will also accomodate a 2 mm pin. Any idea where I can find some of those? Will any old rod cut to length do?

I've used "1.6x333mm brass rod" from the bay with good success. I have some old 1.5mm x 1000mm finnish aga brass welding rods which are also good but I like the 1.6mm size better

I went to a local hobby store and bought six feet of pinning brass. (two three foot sections) I had to buy two because one rod cost $1.50 Us and I hate having loose change in my pocket.

Top Bottom