What's new

Straight Razor Improves Technique

Having used DE razors for years I decided to spend time in lockdown learning how to use a straight razor. Mastered this but then needed a quick shave. Fired up the fat boy and found that my technique had improved hugely. So by learning straight razor techniques improved my DE shave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Absolutely. I shave a lot quicker with a DE now. I don’t nick myself unless I find a blemish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I also observed the same when I occasionally use a DE, just to keep me hand in. I have even suggested that those new to traditional wet shaving should start with a straight razor. That suggestion got pooh-hooed by the DE shavers 🤔.

I also observed the same when I occasionally use a DE, just to keep me hand in. I have even suggested that those new to traditional wet shaving should start with a straight razor. That suggestion got pooh-hooed by the DE shavers 🤔.

i kind of agree with the guys that say start with a DE and learn the fundamentals, but i agree that the straight will totally up the technique. I think you need the buy-in of single blade use first before the larger perceived (and potential) commitment of “roll your own” edge. Even with the Hald de shavette anecdotes i would have been scared and the AC edges while phenomenal, leave space for poor technique.

Could not agree more with this, but despite the improved DE shaves I still find SR shaves to be closer, smoother and more forgiving on my skin.

totally agree. The straights are just nicer to my skin imo.

Top Bottom