What's new

Straight Razor Identify?

So first off I apologize if this is in wrong section, I dont venture into these Straight Razor parts, I stick to what I know in DE land.

Question, my aunt saw the below straights at a estate sale and sent me a pic if I wanted them. It looks like a craftsmen? and I cant tell the other. I didnt even know craftsmen made razors. Are they good? worth anything?

Anyways Im sorry for bad quality, old cell phone the texted over [cropped to cut her out of picture]
$11.jpg

The craftsman looks in decent shape (from what we can tell) and seems to have a nice worked spine. It is likely to be easy to restore. All it would take is some clean up around the pivot, maybe some polishing of the blade and honing.
It looks like it was a decent razors from having:
1/ a worked spine
2/ a 3rd pin
Those add to the cost of manufacturing and were typically found on higher end models.

I'd go for it.

Of course, there is always the risk of a hairline crack in the blade ...

Who ever had it also had a Slim in extremely good condition I'm case, so I'm hoping the straight is I'm similar shape.

Thanks for the breakdown!

Sometimes you can get these for a steal. It's worth risking what junk is worth. Might be $5. Might be $25. If she can get them for a song then go for it. I would not gamble much more than that.

What would be a decent offer for each?

As a steward of the forum, I need to let you know that it's a violation of the rules for members to offer appraisal values. Your best bet is to search ebay or google your razors to see what others are paying.

As a steward of the forum, I need to let you know that it's a violation of the rules for members to offer appraisal values. Your best bet is to search ebay or google your razors to see what others are paying.
I realized this after I posted and got a pm from a member. I can't get the post edited or deleted on mobile for some reason. I apologize.

Top Bottom