What's new

Straight Razor Identification Request - *Help Needed*

Hey,

I found a straight razor in a garage sale, and noticed it had a stamp on the blade. (see attached picture.) I don't know much about stamps, so I'm asking for your help.

1666740064292.png

Nope. RB.. not something i e seen before. But the blade, what i can see of it looks to need some help.

Welcome and stick around. Next thing you will know is its been a year and your shaving with straights. Lol

Hey,

I found a straight razor in a garage sale, and noticed it had a stamp on the blade. (see attached picture.) I don't know much about stamps, so I'm asking for your help.

View attachment 1545872
Welcome to B&B @Loxer! Great you joined!

Hmm. That marking looks very, very old. It looks like a stylised bird in a B. Even the "B" may not be a letter. Looked on it's side it almost looks like 2 domes. With nipples?? (Call my Freudian analyst)!

I don't think it's meant to represent an R, although the bird device might be.

Does it have any other markings at all?

Is the blade fixed, or can it be folded into the handle?

Please can you provide more photos?

Last edited:
Welcome to B&B @Loxer! Great you joined!

Hmm. That marking looks very, very old. It looks like a stylised bird in a B. Even the "B" may not be a letter. Looked on it's side it almost looks like 2 domes. With nipples?? (Call my Freudian analyst)!

I don't think it's meant to represent an R, although the bird device might be.

Does it have any other markings at all?

Is the blade fixed, or can it be folded into the handle?

Please can you provide more photos?
The blade is folding, and sure. I'm currently uploading a 360 video of said SR on youtube and will provide the link.

EDIT : Here's the link :

Last edited:
Nope. RB.. not something i e seen before. But the blade, what i can see of it looks to need some help.

Welcome and stick around. Next thing you will know is its been a year and your shaving with straights. Lol
I know that, I've had a professionnal hand me a ~100€ quote for rehoning + sharpening. And I'm out of tools, save for a bad knife sharpener :/

But yeah

Can't help with an ID, but the blade looks like it will take a lot of work to be able to shave. Given you said you received a 100€ quote I'm going to assume you're in Europe. Where in Europe are you based?

Could you post photos of both sides of the blade making sure to show the whole blade. €100 sounds steep, but there might be other issues that are not showing in your photo.

€100 does sound steep. I had a filarmonica razor in a similar (bad) condition and paid about 40 USD to recondition and hone. But the Filarmonica is a well respected razor that shaves very well.

Given that you might not be able to get a reasonable quote where you are, then you can find a much better vintage razor for less. It's not worth €100 to wind up with an unknown razor in a questionable condition. You can do better for the money.

Top Bottom