What's new

Straight razor honing on Naniwas.

Hi.
Here's my honing video. I have used Naniwa Chosera 1K ans Super Stones 5K, 8K and 12k. I hope you'll like it:001_smile

Maciek.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everything seems good, exept 1 thing - you use the finer grits for sharpening.I was riding this horse since i realized that sharpening at1 k and 3 k is the esetial ,finer grits are for refining grit mark. That means smoothening the ready edge .
I can recomand you rubbing the hone ,because when clugs it work real slow .Raising very thin slurry will prevent them clugs so much .But this is my opinion only.
The strokes looks beautifull.

RusenBG, i guess we all have our own methods. As far as they working for us everything is ok:001_smile

Gary, it's mean a lot to me. Few years back you helped me a lot to learn dilucot. That was Coticule.be times. Thank you very much.

Maciek.

RusenBG, i guess we all have our own methods. As far as they working for us everything is ok:001_smile
Yes this was only my opinion , my way . I like the videos and the music a lot . Im using also this kind of half X strokes - back and forward. Naniwa stones looks beautyfull congrats , i an thinking also for full Naniwa set.

No i didn't. Sometimes I use coticule or naniwa synthetic nagura slurry to speed up a bit but not this time. Only water.

Maciek..

Very good. Here's a picture i took on that day:

$12_zpsuslnoayi.jpg

I like naniwa stones because they are very consistent and very easy to learn.

Maciek.

Top Bottom