What's new

Straight razor forging

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
May I chip in with some Chinese perspective? I have been a long-time lurker. In Chinese forums (Baidu), most users are collectors who are a little bit older with a bit more money, therefore, they appreciate things that are more expensive. Most Chinese care about social status that's why you see a significant percentage of luxury goods bought by the Chinese. So in Chinese forums majority will be praises for imports like DOVO, Boker, Zwilling, Filarmoncia (fap) and Theiers Issard. Like you don't hear many people talk about their Prius when everyone else is talking about Porsche 911 and Lamborghini. I think Gold Dollar is still in business from the volume of sales they make and affordable wages, but I don't think this will last for long. Once middle class grows, the government attacks them on reducing waste, and older generation dies out. The younger generation is all about fast and easy electric shavers. @Slash McCoy how much do you offer to sell one of those gold dollars? I need one for practice. I have links for the Chinese forums and shaving suggestion website and I don't know if I should post them here. *edited for grammar*
I am currently not selling. I was selling them at around USD $30 each, shave ready. I may start again some day but I was having problems with the factory shipping in a timely manner and lying to me about delays, so probably not. If you are in China, you might look at AliExpress, and also Gold Dollar's page on AliBaba. Also there are usually resellers on ebay. You should be able to get one as shipped from the factory, unhoned, for around $4 if you shop around.

I am currently not selling. I was selling them at around USD $30 each, shave ready. I may start again some day but I was having problems with the factory shipping in a timely manner and lying to me about delays, so probably not. If you are in China, you might look at AliExpress, and also Gold Dollar's page on AliBaba. Also there are usually resellers on ebay. You should be able to get one as shipped from the factory, unhoned, for around $4 if you shop around.
I'm in US. Alibaba sells them with 10 minimum order. I'm trying to get one or two to modify and hone myself. I will look for it from the bay. Thanks though

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I'm in US. Alibaba sells them with 10 minimum order. I'm trying to get one or two to modify and hone myself. I will look for it from the bay. Thanks though
Ningbo Gold Dollar Razor & Scissors Manufacture Co., Ltd. on Alibaba have GD 66 for USD 2 each (MOQ 2) but shipping can be a killer for small orders there. Best you try AliExpress.

So, does anyone really believe that barbers in poor areas of the world are throwing a DE blade away after one shave?
It's a law where I am, and poor barbers abound here for the budget conscious. The reason we have so many cheap saloon packs in the first place, for single shaves.

Ningbo Gold Dollar Razor & Scissors Manufacture Co., Ltd. on Alibaba have GD 66 for USD 2 each (MOQ 2) but shipping can be a killer for small orders there. Best you try AliExpress.
Holy moly, $56 for shipping on Alibaba. I got my order in with AliExpress, arriving Aug 9. I can't wait to work on it.

Top Bottom