What's new

STRAIGHT RAZOR CASE FOR STORAGE

very nice, love the palmera! the rest are ok too.. i guess :001_tt2:

is that felt that you put under the razors?
It's that silicone-impregnated cloth they sell for guns. Not sure it really makes a difference--seemed like a good idea at the time a few years ago. I don't use it in my other boxes with natural scales as I'm not sure its good for those.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

That pen storage box looks great especially with the contents. Do you find the razors are held securely in their slots when the lid is closed or might there be some movement when the box is moved?
Can I ask the brand of that box, where purchased and about how much $$$ we’re talking about?
Theirs Issard makes some boxes out of burl elm wood and look great but are $$$$$ IMOP. I should think boxes for pens are more widely available hence costs are less since it’s not as much as a speciality item like straight razor display boxes.
There would definitely be movement, and you'd have to make sure the drawer doesn't open. I would not recommend moving it with razors in it.

I just checked Amazon and it's still there, for $99. PM me if you need more details.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

I bought this tin box from Thiers Issard, it has some cool graphics on the outside, and the size is perfect for storing a lot of razors. It looks really nice if you ask me.. Picture is just from the net...
1594490482215.png

1594490524997.png

I recently received a clean-as-a-whistle NOS Baba 77 in a plastic bag with a piece of VCI paper in the original Baba plastic case. I would love to know how the razor had been stored since the 1950s to remain in such condition.

Who was this person or persons? What did they do? They clearly know/knew what they were doing.

I got a couple cheap jewelry cases and cut balsa strips for the separators, covered it all in felt. These hold my "nice" razors and my Heljestrands. The plexiglass does get water stained as I usually leave my razor on top of the case to dry.
20230715_122852.jpg

Everything else goes into a pen case from Amazon. A flip top, and two drawers. I took the separators out of the bottom drawer to hold the coffins.
20230715_122658.jpg

Let's give it up for badger and blade forums strong Necro thread game!

I also use a fountain pen case from Amazon - nice idea about r removing the separator from the bottom drawer! I have a box of coffins stowed elsewhere, but I like this idea.

Seriously though, straight razor forum brings their A game when it comes to making old things new again, including forum threads :D

Top Bottom