What's new

Straight Razor Acquisition Thread

I gotta share the cleanup of my MK31. Alfredo just sent me some teaser photos!! Fantastic work!

From this:
proxy.php

To this:
View attachment 710879

I succumbed to buying a modern (Don't know if that statement is entirely accurate given it is a Revisor razor.) I wanted a razor with some weight, jimps, and a bit of decoration. Can't wait to give it a try tomorrow.

It just arrived.
View attachment 710927

I succumbed to buying a modern (Don't know if that statement is entirely accurate given it is a Revisor razor.) I wanted a razor with some weight, jimps, and a bit of decoration. Can't wait to give it a try tomorrow.

It just arrived.
View attachment 710927
You made the right decision. Don't worry about buyers remorse. It's a good and truly beautiful razor.[emoji106]

View attachment 710756
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

I made an $80 gamble on a box of diamonds in the rough from the Facebook Marketplace(weird right), I think it paid off. I had a ton of blurry awkward angled pictures from the seller and really almost decided to pass, but for the price I couldn't walk away. I ended up with some fair to nice razors! The Joeseph Rodgers full Hollow is a 7/8 in some rough scales, it'll have a date with Alfredo I'm sure. There also was a Henckles "Platinum" 6/8, Dubl Duck 5/8 Satin Wedge, Temperite Made by Case 5/8 wedge, Hibbard Spencer Bartlett & Co 5/8, and a Croghan Cutlery 5/8. Three other razors were junk(chipped blade, rusted to nothing, and ridiculous cell rot on a Hess. I'm pretty sure the seller deliberately hid some condition issues, but I'm slightly more ok with it because I still made our ok. Have a nice evening guys.
Nice score. I you ever want to get rid of the Case give me a yell, I've been very impressed with the shaves from mine.

Alfredo's work arrived just in time for Christmas. Custom Koraat 8/8 spike point full hollow blade only order, scales in ivory with black horn wedge, nickel silver pins by Alfredo aka Doc226. Absolutely stunning work. Ulrik stamps his logo on the offside for blade only custom work.

Last edited:
PRC The Strix rescaled by Alfredo in stabilized Buckeye burl with pearlized blue acrylic, ivory wedge leftover from the Koraat work. I though the blade was pretty modern looking, but the stock scales were too radical and modern, distracting the eye and taking away from the beauty of the razor rather than complementing it. I chose a rather modern scale material as a nod to the blade design, but wanted a classic familiar scale shape. I think Alfredo did a great job here too.

Attachments

• $IMG_2634.jpg
    $IMG_2634.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 185
PRC The Strix rescaled by Alfredo in stabilized Buckeye burl with pearlized blue acrylic, ivory wedge leftover from the Koraat work. I though the blade was pretty modern looking, but the stock scales were too radical and modern, distracting the eye and taking away from the beauty of the razor rather than complementing it. I chose a rather modern scale material as a nod to the blade design, but wanted a classic familiar scale shape. I think Alfredo did a great job here too.

Outstanding!! Wow!!

Top Bottom