What's new

Straight Razor Acquisition Thread

I've been going through some old trade papers (american cutlerer from the 20's) and I think I know what you have, but you don't have all of it. Torrey kept on making straights well into the DE period. The basically made a open comb guard that slid onto the SR.
View attachment 609807
Very interesting.
I have a razor with similar groves though that appears to be a lot older than the 20ies. But then again, it is hard to tell.
$2014_10_15.jpg
Also, in the poster, the guard appears to be flush with the top of the tang, which does not seem possible for the Torrey with blood groves as the top of the blade is flat.

I had sworn to myself I wouldn't buy another CVH unless an MK32-33, but they're so rare to find (or too expensive). Yet I couldn't resits this MK31... Can't wait to try it!
$DSCF2694.jpg$DSCF2696.jpg

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
I'll see your Dorkos and raise you a pair of Le Grelots...

A cased pair of 6/8 pre-WWII Le Grelot Lotus 359s, Spanish points, Medaille D'Or Paris 1931. Glad to have these, good ones of this vintage are getting scarcer.

Cheers, Steve

Attachments

• $IMG_2174.jpg
    $IMG_2174.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 106
  • $IMG_2178.jpg
    $IMG_2178.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 109
I have these in transit as we speak:

2 of these MK 30

$Decorated Blade.JPG

1 of these MK 32

$MK32.jpg

and one of these Tornblom

$Törnblom 1 (3).jpg

Not that the Swedish razors have become my favorite or anything:w00t: LOL

A cased pair of 6/8 pre-WWII Le Grelot Lotus 359s, Spanish points, Medaille D'Or Paris 1931. Glad to have these, good ones of this vintage are getting scarcer.

Cheers, Steve

Dear lord! Gorgeous

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Yeah I don't think I've seen Spanish point Grelots before. I'd guess that 1) back then they weren't called Spanish points, and 2) the noses were likely a made-to-order feature for someone. But who knows 80 years on?

Cheers, Steve

Stunning to say the least. Steve, your collection of razors is something else, congratulations on your latest edition.

Acquired this nice 9/16 Red Imp Wedge (actually more like 1/4 hollow) in a trade with a fellow B&B'er. Did a bit of simple clean up, then a honing... Shaves great!

Cheers, Steve
Spectacular!

Top Bottom